Thread: This will piss you off...

Default This will piss you off...

In November of 2015, this news site ran a story on a dubious gun bust in Chesterfield County, South Carolina.

Acting on a “tip,” local sheriff’s deputies, agents of the S.C. State Law Enforcement Division (SLED) and officers with the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) descended upon a residence in Pageland, S.C. – seizing nearly 9,000 guns.
    Of note, at the 28-second mark of this clip, one of the Chesterfield County sheriff’s employees mentions a “book” containing records for all of the guns found on the property.

“Those are the records over there,” one sheriff’s employee said.

“Records for what?” one of his colleagues asked.

“Gun records,” the employee responded.

“Yeah we’re just gone … to burn that book,” another sheriff’s employee cavalierly states.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2018/06/01/...ses-questions/

Turns out the guy was convicted of receiving stolen property and they let him out of jail after only 14 months...

Anyone know anymore details than offered in the article?
    Piled up the way things were sure give me the impression of a thief!
    A lot of "truck stolen" items in that pile of guns.....
    My guess, they were faced with distributing 9000 firearms and the task would be so daunting it'd be better to burn the evidence of such.
    But, I'm no cop and just speculating....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Turns out the guy was convicted of receiving stolen property and they let him out of jail after only 14 months...
    word
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

I am sure he learned his lesson and the methheads won't sell him any more guns...

The records in question were those of the man in posession, not those of the sheriffs department. According to the article, he was suspected of buying guns from a family member of the sheriffs'. I assume that is what is truly being buried.

It seems the author had an issue with the guns not being returned to the man that plead guilty to receiving them???