Thread: Timney vs Accutrigger

Default Timney vs Accutrigger

Any real advantage or gains reached by upgrading from Accutrigger to Timney? Worth the $130?

Accutriggers are nice, but I’m yet to find anyone who has regretted a timney. They are great triggers for the money
    Never confuse enthusiasm for capability

IMO yes, I hated the blade in the Accutrigger. I think my PC breaks cleaner and shoots a fraction better.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Timney is hands down a better trigger. Accu triggers are good triggers but they aren't a timney. There is also a huge variance between. Accu triggers even after you adjust them some are still way better/worse than others
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I'd safety check any after-market Savage trigger. I like the idea, but I was shown years ago how you could take a cocked Savage with the factory trigger, give the rear receiver ring a decent rap with something like a brass hammer (safety on), and it would fire the mechanism. Make sure an aftermarket one doesn't do the same. May take some tweaking of sear engagement.
    Last edited by Swamp Rat; 06-01-2018 at 05:00 PM.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I would definitely take a timney or rifle basix over a factory accu trigger.

It’s not safe to slam the bolt on any of my savages but you shouldn’t have it pointed anywhere else but down range. 2 of them do not even have safeties. That is just how I have them set not because it’s an aftermarket trigger.

I’ve see a lot of the accu triggers dis engage when the safety blade was pulled to one side or the other.
    Last edited by b-stick; 06-01-2018 at 05:19 PM.

I've had more than 6 Timney's in Rem 700's, where is an entire new trigger group / mechanism - the Accutrigger replacement from Timney appears to be a single component, hence my question.
    I went ahead & ordered it (Brownells was $18 less than Timney directly) - should arrive by the weekend.
    Thanks for the replies - that's why this place is great!