Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: High Tide Rebuild Layout

Default High Tide Rebuild Layout

Been slowly working on my high tide 15 rebuild. Decided to go with a flat deck and will not be putting the cap back on (if anyone wants it let me know). Putting the gas tank up front, and maybe a battery depending on center of buoyancy. Yeti 45 in front of the console. Went back and forth on the CC vs tiller debate and decided on the cc (for today at least). This stuff should be scaled about right plus or minus an inch or so. Got a Yamaha 2 stroke 50 for it and plan to put a removable poling platform on it. Interested in questions, comments, and concerns. What yal think?
    2018-05-31_15-12-54.jpg

That looks killer. Bought one from willyworm months ago and trying to figure out the same thing.

20180122_134702.jpg
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

I'm inbetween leaving it as open as possible or making front and rear casting decks similar to your design.

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

yeah i went through the same thought process, pros and cons to each

Cap spoken for

Why not a small side console to save as much space as possible? A center console will make it tight to move around the boat as well as tough to fit someone on either side of you when seated.
    I like the idea of a large flush casting deck on the front and back.

If you do have a flush back deck just move the cooler back there for when you decide to pole it.
    Last edited by SouthernWake; 05-31-2018 at 08:01 PM.

Very good point, I thought a long time about a small SC and am still not 100% on the CC. And that's a another option with the cooler that I had not thought about

I had a side console Key West 1520 - it left a lot of room in the middle of the boat.

Not my picture but you can see how much room that it would open up. If I didn't have a passenger, I'd lift the backrest off the rear bench - passengers really need it, though.

Last edited by Rubberhead*; 06-01-2018 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Stupid spelling
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    I had a side console Key West 1520 - it left a lot of room in the middle of the boat.

Not my picture but you can see how much room that it would open up. If I didn't have a passenger, I'd lift the backrest off the rear bench - passengers really need it, though.

Something similar to this would be my choice for fishing and general use. Unless it was a dedicated hunting boat then I would gut it and keep it wide open.

I'm trying to get the best of both worlds. A large enough deck to walk on and fish/gig/shrimp and still enough room in the cockpit to sit and hunt with a couple people. Something like this. SC.jpg

You need a side console like in your pic. CC is functional but will eat up the room in the boat. I’d think very hard about what I want to do in the boat. If riding around and comfort and maybe some more storage are key then maybe the CC. If using the boat and having room to move around easily then a side console org iller maybe. I like the tiny side console in your pic like other some flats boats. If you put rod holders on side of console and rods in them and then walk by it, it leaves very little room to move around. I found that to be the case on my 17 Aquasport. If the rods are lying down and you’re stepping over them and around the console same thing. Put a box the size of your console in the boat a cooler and some rods and shit and get in it and see what you like. Space is a premium in small boats.
    Last edited by Palmetto Duck; 06-02-2018 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Left out words.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

A little update of where I'm at, got a ways to go
    IMG_20191023_184334036.jpg

That is sick!!!

Boat will be better than new and last a lifetime. Great Work
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

The talent some of you folks have is impressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Looking good! How much weight are you anticipating from the new deck?

Love the free floating style SC.
    Last edited by scdiver; 10-24-2019 at 02:25 AM.

First time I've seen this thread and wouldn't you know it, small world. Met you at the Judge's quail hunt this year. Glad to see you making progress!

Looking great! Impressive work

Thanks guys, was getting to the point where I could use some encouragement. It will definitely be heavier than stock but also still lighter than when it was water logged before I started