Thread: Duck data

Default Duck data

I haven't had time to read through this, but it may be of interest...

https://www.louisianasportsman.com/l...port&id=223342

I have followed this fella since inception.

Josh's claim is migration manipulation has led to the lack of waterfowl in Louisiana.

This "migration manipulation" is due to artificial manipulation of water (be it pumped, "heated"/ ice eaters or well water) on crops planted strictly for migrating waterfowl (artificial farming or farming for ducks.....which should be illegal in his mind). If you argue his claim he will ban you from his FB Flyway Federation site. He abandons the impact of no till farming, lack of substantial snow cover over harvested crops, available open water and feed even during severe cold events, lack of rice farming due to an increase in sugar cane farming in South Louisiana, and increase in rice farming in Arkansas and Missouri.

He is targeting corn ponds, ice eaters, etc. He wants to amend the Migratory Bird Treaty. Bless his heart.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

He is not wrong. We saw it in SC first hand. Arkansas saw it when Missouri passed the DNR tax that let them plant and flood massive acreages of corn until the hippies took over their DNR board...

Next thing ya know the Louisiana Waterfowl Association will be releasing mallards to supplement the population. I mean, it worked here right?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

The guy just needs to go where the ducks are...part of being a duck hunter is be adaptable.