Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1/3 of Clemson must be minority

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 1/3 of Clemson must be minority

Clemson Using Racial Quotas For Faculty Recruitment, Hiring

One out of three new hires at school must be an “under-represented minority”

GOVERNMENT-FUNDED SCHOOL VEERS FURTHER TO THE LEFT …

Clemson University is experimenting with the use of racial quotas to recruit and hire faculty members, according to documents obtained by this news site.

Is that legal? It shouldn’t be, but recent rulings by the U.S. Supreme Court have clouded the issue – especially as it relates to decisions made on the campuses of increasingly liberal taxpayer-subsidized institutions of higher learning.

According to the documents we obtained, Clemson’s recently reorganized College of Science intended to use racial quotas to determine the pool of applicants for its lecturer, tenure and tenure track positions. Specifically, in order to obtain a “diverse candidate pool for all faculty positions,” forty percent of candidates considered for these positions must be “under-represented minorities.”

Or “URMs.”

The discrimination wasn’t to have ended there. It would have extended to hiring, too. According to the college’s stated “diversity goal,” one out of every three tenure or tenure track posts “must be filled with URM candidates.”

Take note of that wording … the school didn’t say these posts “should be filled,” “would ideally be filled” or “will hopefully be filled” by minority candidates. The word the college used is “must.”

Take a look …

Between the recruiting and hiring processes, the college indicated it would conduct “a collective diversity review” to ensure its quotas are being met. Meanwhile the whole process was to be guided by “language regarding (the) importance of inclusive and diverse faculty.”

According to our sources, this memo was “distributed to a limited number of people this year in preparation for hiring searches next year.” The school’s goal is to apply the quotas to new hires beginning with the fall 2019 semester.

Initiating this policy? Cynthia Young, dean of Clemson’s college of science.

According to the school, the quotas were never instituted. In a letter to the editor of this news site, Clemson vice president for university development Mark Land said the document we obtained represented “the first draft of a proposed hiring process and timeline.”

“The language in question was subsequently changed in early May as part of an iterative review process that is ongoing,” Land told us.

To be clear: This new site has no problem with diversity. In any endeavor, we believe recruiting and hiring personnel from a broad pool of perspectives and life experiences – and then utilizing these perspectives and experiences toward a common goal – makes good business sense.

But should such diversity be compulsory? In other words, should diversity be mandated … for diversity’s sake?

No … especially not if such mandates infringe upon the right of qualified candidates to obtain employment.

In fact, that is the very definition of racism.

“We have always believed that any law which unfairly limits an individual’s rights on the basis of their skin color, ethnic origin, gender or sexual orientation is wrong,” we wrote back in 2012. “Unfortunately such an inherently fair world view is anathema to many in our ‘fair share’ world – where the fundamentally American notion of equal opportunity has been replaced by an expectation of equal outcomes for all.”

As this news site has noted, Clemson has become a breeding ground for leftist insanity in recent years. Two years ago the school booted a man from its campus for praying. Prior to that, there was a major dust-up between a liberal professor and the school’s football coach, Dabo Swinney, over the latter making positive references to slain civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr.

That’s right … Swinney was criticized for praising King.

Also, who can forget the infamous “Banana Bandit” incident. Or the school’s “Taco Tuesday” fiasco – in which it deemed Taco night as “culturally insensitive” to latino students.

Nothing surprises us at Clemson anymore, though.

Last fall, Bart Knijnenburg – an assistant professor of human-centered computing at the school – wrote on his Facebook page that “all Republicans are racist scum.”

Knijnenburg also endorsed the far left’s call for violence in the name of eradicating this “Republican” racism.

“I admire anyone who stands up against white supremacy. Violent or non-violent,” he wrote in another Facebook post. “This needs to stop, by any means necessary.”

Knijnenburg somehow managed to keep his job … although as a white male, he could soon fall victim to the school’s new quota system.

As we have repeatedly pointed out in the past, we understand Clemson’s uncomfortable past – but embracing full-blown PC insanity is not the answer. Especially not when such insanity could lead to the very sort of discrimination the school claims to oppose.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2018/05/25/...itment-hiring/

Clemson is responding with "It is not a mandate, it is just our goal." I am surprised the BOT up there is putting up with this shit.

Clemson has won football National Championships with two black QB's. The next one will be white and have hair like Fabio
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Sad. But, they made their bed....

You know you're racist if you have to spell something like that out. I mean, just putting that in writing...where the hell is your mindset? Equality = everyone gets a fair shake...black, white, yellow and green. May the best person win. PC has made racism take a left turn...it's a dangerous path.
    Last edited by reeltight; 05-26-2018 at 02:00 PM.

Black power bitches!

racing toward the shitter

One of the most racist things I have ever witnessed in my lifetime was a couple of human resources people going through resumes and putting them in two stacks based on the names.

John Smith's didn't go in the good pile. I've always said if a company truely cared about being fair they would scrub the resumes of all information such as names, fraternities, personal information, etc. And just present the facts for selection.

But the fact is that corporations don't want to be fair. They just don't want to be sued. They have to make sure that someone can't say they don't have a certain percentage. So they resort to the same racist tactics that they hope to avoid being accused of.

#riptacotuesday

So, y’all think Clemson is the only one doing this in the state? Or the only one in an article written about it? Shit’s policy whether written or not at every university in the nation.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Shit’s policy whether written or not at every university in the nation.
    OK I will play. Start with Hillsdale and show me. I can name them all day long...

No it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    No it isn't.
    Salty is 100% correct. You’re either crazy as hell or have your head in the sand if you think otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

There's something in those hills....

By that I mean Perry Noble and or his spirit haunts those hills

I thought he r u nn oft...

Brother perry had his demons and he left to fight them. Like any good soldier of Christ, he did it with designer reading glasses and hair product, along with cocoa powdered motivation.

Don't forget the fog machines. Let's focus here guys.

Y’all know there are schools outside the ACC ACC ACC, right?

March step on.....

"This person isn't quite as qualified but they are from an underrepresented minority so hire them."

Jesse and Al showed up when i was there bitching about ratio of students vs football team or some bullshit. My take leave race out of it. If smart enough go, if not then dont. Same with sports. There is no equality when you get special treatment.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.