Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home Security

Default Home Security

What are you using? Pro's and Con's?

Thinking about purchasing a Simply Safe system. Anyone using those? I'm determined to catch the F'n thugs that roaming the neighborhood at night getting in cars so an outdoor camera that I can put on my driveway with a text motion alert would be great.
    Last edited by reeltight; 05-25-2018 at 07:23 AM.

Whatchu talking bout Willis?

is it going to run over your wifi system? if so you, you would do better setting up trail cameras. nothing beats a hard wired camera system.

ipcamtalk.com is a good website for ideas as to what cameras and systems work the best.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Simply Safe sucks and I mean really sucks. We had it and sent it back. Never worked as it was supposed to, system always down, and the delay after alarm sound is so long that they could rob the whole house before simply safe called to see what was wrong. We use CPI now and love it. They have any option you want from cameras to automated locks and any sensor you can think of. Peace of mind is priceless.
    For the ducks

I set 13.5" bear traps under all my first floor windows and outside the driver and passenger door of my truck before I turn in for the night. Started this after my truck got broken into last year. Hasn't failed me so far.

I have ADT Pulse. I have cameras, garage door controls, smart switches and smart outlets.

I can view and control the whole thing from my phone/ IPad.

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    Whatchu talking bout Willis?
    They went through the van again last night. L is usually pretty good about locking. They rummaged through last night. Didn't find any guns, money or drugs so they moved on. I'd love to catch one and beat the ever living shit out of him...

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    They went through the van again last night. L is usually pretty good about locking. They rummaged through last night. Didn't find any guns, money or drugs so they moved on. I'd love to catch one and beat the ever living shit out of him...
    She musta hid the drugs well...

Will keep our eyes out...we've got CPI at our place and are pleased with them.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure I want to go with a wireless system and the no contract thing is appealing. Didn't realize Nest also has a complete system that can be professionally monitored as well.

I've had SimpliSafe on my Barn for about a year and it seems to work fine after I worked out some of the system kinks.

-It came with a T-Mobile card and had to exchange it for a Verizon card. No T-Mobile service in my area.
    -The motion sensors were sending out random false alarms. I adjusted the sensitivity on them. They came from factory set to Max sensitivity.
    -The battery life on the optional, additional siren sucked. Replaced everything with Lithium batteries.

Other than that I can't complain. Could it be better? Yes, but I needed a quick security fix for an area that did not have wifi, phone lines, etc and it solved the problem.

We have two Simply Safe Systems. One here at home and one at my duck camp. I have accidentally set them off twice and they have called within a minute of the alarm. Thirty second delay on our system. I have the base station hidden in the house and the keyboard by the door. I figure that if someone breaks in they will see the keypad and bust it right away. It will do no good since the base station is hidden. The entire system has a battery backup. The system is basically a cell phone and it calls them when activated. They also call the system monthly to make sure it works. So far no problems. For $15 a month monitoring and less than $300 for the system you can't beat it.
    "We have become so open minded that our brains have fallen out"

Pitbull

What I'm finding is simplisafe doesn't have an outdoor camera. Can you hook other wireless outdoor cameras to the simplisafe system?

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Pitbull
    What does a rapper have to do with my security system other than the fact he's probably one of the reasons that's causing me to have to purchase one.

I have 3 Nest cams. One is the new IQ cam and it is pretty damn awesome.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

I have CPI at the office and I have been pleased with it
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    What I'm finding is simplisafe doesn't have an outdoor camera. Can you hook other wireless outdoor cameras to the simplisafe system?
    I thought that they now have a camera system? I haven't checked.
    "We have become so open minded that our brains have fallen out"

Rion, you me to get Hunter at Palmetto Security to give you a call? He's who I refer my business costumers to and he does our system at the house.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Rion, you me to get Hunter at Palmetto Security to give you a call? He's who I refer my business costumers to and he does our system at the house.

I don't need a security system... Rhett does

My bad Rhett...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft