Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SC School District To Pay 7X Value Of Land

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default SC School District To Pay 7X Value Of Land

And these school districts cry for more money every year.

Midlands school district to buy former board member's land at 7 times appraised value
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 05-24-2018 at 11:49 AM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

$18k an acre for 55 acres is pretty steep, especially for that particular tract.....
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Sounds fair for land . Hell with the teachers and their wages and working with a bunch of out of control inbred Carolinians.

Why don't you take your silly Georgia ass and go find a GA ducks.

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    Sounds fair for land . Hell with the teachers and their wages and working with a bunch of out of control inbred Carolinians.
    LOL, I’ve been to Covington, Lanoi, Manchester and a lot of other places in Jawja. You don’t have any room to talk, fact is you’d be better off not talking.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    GADucks doesn’t sound cool, more like a queer club in Atlanta.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Damn if I didn’t hit a nerve with the inbred remark. Sorry felllas for the remark. We didn’t know yalls family tree didn’t branch

Damn if I didn’t hit a nerve with the inbred remark. Sorry felllas for the remark. We didn’t know yalls family tree didn’t branch
    Mine branches into Jawja, seen some over there that were straight as a telephone pole.

Chief, your silly ass couldn't touch any of my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Mine branches into Jawja, seen some over there that were straight as a telephone pole.
    Your wife from Jawja if my memory is right

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    i giggled
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

The deal sounds fishy to me. I don't put much stock in the tax value of land as a true indictor of the lands fair market value though.

Headline is BS. They are talking about assessed value, not appraised. Also, it's right where other schools are. That gives it value to the district.

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    The deal sounds fishy to me. I don't put much stock in the tax value of land as a true indictor of the lands fair market value though.
    i would love to see the comp report for similar sales in that zip code.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    Headline is BS. They are talking about assessed value, not appraised. Also, it's right where other schools are. That gives it value to the district.

Wonder how long the board member has owned it. Has it been a long time possession or did he speculate on future use of the land? Maybe he knew the decision was coming and got it cheap to sell it high.

Maybe not illegal, but shady.
    Last edited by Jozie & Me; 05-24-2018 at 12:41 PM.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    i would love to see the comp report for similar sales in that zip code.

Wonder how long the board member has owned it. Has it been a long time possession or did he speculate on future use of the land? Maybe he knew the decision was coming and got it cheap to sell it high.

Maybe not illegal, but shady.
    Bought in 2001. Nothing to see here.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
    As someone who takes a paycheck from Georgia, I’m thankful to ride the rough bumpy road back to Carolina. I notice when the birds fly across the river from S.C. that they fly upside down a lot. When I asked about about this phenomenon to a fellow co worker his response was “Georgia wasn’t worth shitting on”.
    We the folks of Georgia are proud to have you in the workforce, many a folks make that drive to better themselves every day.

I shall point you to Zillow and the land values around volvo. $18k acre isn't that bad for the right property.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...46_rect/11_zm/
    Last edited by lil 2 sleepy; 05-24-2018 at 03:10 PM.

We the folks of Georgia are proud to have you in the workforce, many a folks make that drive to better themselves every day.
    Yeah I deleted my comment. It was in poor taste and not relevant to the original topic.

We used to host GAducks. Not sure what ever happened to that group...

Land value near the Volvo plant is completely irrelevant to land value in Pelion. Hell, Red Bank right next door is soaring on commercial property but even that's relevant.