Bible Study Verse
Matthew 10:28
And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. (NKJV)

Thoughts
We lost a friend this week. A gentleman that worked with us passed away quietly, and very unexpectedly, in his sleep. Make no mistake about it, he was a good man. He was nice, friendly, eager to help, and passionate about taking care of people.

Sadly enough, he chose to live his "good" live separate from Holy God. His obituary makes no mention of a church affiliation nor of any faith of any kind. His tragic passing reminds us that a "good life" that is not lived in the context of a relationship with Jesus Christ really isn't a "good life" at all.
(Brian H.)

Action Point
We have lost sight of the fact that God is holy, righteous, and just. We love to talk about the fact that Jesus Christ is loving, long-suffering, kind, and gracious, but we forget about the rest of his character.

I know pastors that have come to me before a funeral wringing their hands and asking what on earth they can say about the deceased that would speak calmness and peace to the family. The tragedy is that there is nothing that can bring real peace when a soul is lost forever.

This is a tough devotion.

As Christians, we must be loving, caring, and do our best to be an extension of Christ Himself. But we can't sugar-coat things. Sugar-coating lends itself to people choosing hell over salvation. The fact of the Matter is this:
When a life is lived in relationship with Jesus Christ, peace follows both for the soul and for those left behind.
When a life is lived separate from Jesus Christ, suffering follows both for the soul and for those left behind.
No sugar-coating. Accept Jesus Christ now before it's too late.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
For many of us, turkey season is right around the corner. Now is a great time to be quietly checking your hunting spot for scratching and food supply. I would suggest that you not use any calls during these scouting trips. Birds that are called to too much before season can become "call-shy" and can become almost impossible to call in during season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk