Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tidewater Boats

Default Tidewater Boats

Have my eye on one. Need to know the good and the bad.This boat will be mostly used on lake murray and will go offshore (bottom fishing trips) 5 times a year max.
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

Friend of mine has one and has had nothing but problems with it. Gel coat "yellowing", screws backing out, crimp in fuel line twice. It's a rough ride. I have a 20' Nautic Star that rides much better than his 22'.
    Bah! Humbug!

It’s a small notch better than Sea Fox, and we all know that ain’t saying much.

I'm on my second one. I looked at Scout, Sportsman, Tidewater, and a few others. I wanted the Scout but couldn't justify the cost difference in my head.

First one was a 2400 Bay Max pretty loaded with a 300 Yamaha and t-top on it. The boat would flat out move and was a pretty dry ride. I didn't like some of the fit and finish on it. The hatches needed to be sealed for example.

I traded down for a 1910 Bay Max without a t-top and with a 150 SHO Yamaha. I like the 19 better, for my needs anyway. It has trim tabs which helps with a boat this size. Better for fishing the areas I fish, casting deck, etc.

Would I get another one? Yes, but I'd get a Carolina Bay. The Carolina flare would be a bit better ride than what I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    I'm on my second one. I looked at Scout, Sportsman, Tidewater, and a few others. I wanted the Scout but couldn't justify the cost difference in my head.

First one was a 2400 Bay Max pretty loaded with a 300 Yamaha and t-top on it. The boat would flat out move and was a pretty dry ride. I didn't like some of the fit and finish on it. The hatches needed to be sealed for example.

I traded down for a 1910 Bay Max without a t-top and with a 150 SHO Yamaha. I like the 19 better, for my needs anyway. It has trim tabs which helps with a boat this size. Better for fishing the areas I fish, casting deck, etc.

Would I get another one? Yes, but I'd get a Carolina Bay. The Carolina flare would be a bit better ride than what I have.
    Thanks, I haven't heard much bad about them... that's why I was somewhat surprised to hear a seafox comparison
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

All that money for a boat just to drink cheap beer on...
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Go to THT and read the horror stories on TW quality and customer service.

Buy my Pioneer, it’s a much better boat and is already set up for what you want to do.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I looked at them and ended up buying a 235 Cobia. Would have got saltydog’s pioneer had I not just spend an arm and leg on a new house
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Go to THT and read the horror stories on TW quality and customer service.

Buy my Pioneer, it’s a much better boat and is already set up for what you want to do.
    This. Pioneer is a great boat.

My dads got a 22 bay max...bad ass boat

Hits 55 with empty wells and two people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pro Remington 870 Operator

Customer service has been no issue for me. My boat didn't come with trim tabs and it didn't ride like I thought it should. Small boat that rolls when loaded with people and they move around the deck when underway. The dealer put them in and Tidewater paid. Could be due to the dealer I worked with but no issues from my end.

not to derail, but we've got a 08 Key west 2020 with a Yamaha 150 4s with 284 fresh water hours if you're interested tandem axle aluminum trailer, freshwater use only. haven't posted it for sale but are entertaining the idea.
    Last edited by wooddrow; 05-22-2018 at 12:10 PM.

I would agree and strongly suggest you review THT. I also think there is a thread on Charleston fishing.
    Some very unhappy and vocal owners out there.

Quote Originally Posted by kayakkillshots View Post
    My dads got a 22 bay max...bad ass boat

Hits 55 with empty wells and two people

My Pioneer will do that with 3 grown men, 2 kids, 1/2 tank of fuel, 400# of gear and tackle and the fish boxes loaded with fish.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

what landing you need me to meet you at to help get rid of some of those fish?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by wooddrow View Post
    not to derail, but we've got a 08 Key west 2020 with a Yamaha 150 4s with 284 fresh water hours if you're interested tandem axle aluminum trailer, freshwater use only. haven't posted it for sale but are entertaining the idea.
    shoot me a pm with your asking price and any pics if you have them. That's a good boat.

I'd like to have Salty's Pioneer unfortunately it's just about $40k out of my price point right now! As to TW, I'd keep looking based on reviews and comparisons that I've actually experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    All that money for a boat just to drink cheap beer on...
    I quit drinking light beer.

Go down to Hanckel Marine in Charleston and ask for Bill Elliot and let him sell you a Sportsman. Just let him know if you want two Simrads in her or two. It already comes with one as a stock Boat.

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    Go down to Hanckel Marine in Charleston and ask for Bill Elliot and let him sell you a Sportsman. Just let him know if you want two Simrads in her or two. It already comes with one as a stock Boat.

If you're gonna do all that, check out the Avengers too. One or the other will be my next rig. Oh, and Avenger is made by the same guys who make Pioneers.