Thread: 22 Grendel

Default 22 Grendel

My buddy had Steve Roe at Apache Machine build this for him. It’s a 6.5 Grendel necked down to .224. It will push a 80 grain SMK or ELD over 3000 fps with 1/2 MOA accuracy’s. He’s shooting it in the PRS gas gun series. The forend has an ARCA rail mounted to it. You can position a bipod or tripod wherever necessary. Cool little rifle that is a hammer. 6A6D5F29-B03B-42D0-9245-3EC6B308FB8E.jpg6A6D5F29-B03B-42D0-9245-3EC6B308FB8E.jpg

Cool!! I can't wait till Jamie gets the .224 barrels done. I get to play with mine.

Seekins upper and rail? That's what I have waiting for my barrel.
    Last edited by Tha Dick; 05-22-2018 at 06:15 AM.

9255792A-B3FC-4EA6-81E0-DCA3F85DE59A.jpg

It’s a side charger too.

Seekins with the rail added. The reason I chose the a Valkyrie over the 22 Grendel was factory ammo. And I don’t think the bolts will last. Not enough steel around the face for that pressure.

Geissele has an ARCA rail out now.

9679AB57-6165-47CD-B3D7-B8A79D732481.jpg

O

I'm definitely building a 224 upper at some point. It's likely the best way for me to get into this game, at least in the gas gun division. The Grendel I have on the way may surprise me, but it's going to be set up as a hunter primarily.

And I have a NightForce SHV that will be looking for a host, so optics are covered.

And I need a tripod - our SRT snipers are good with 'em.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

That’s a Really Right Stuff, and it’s the most stable I’ve ever used. It also cost damn near as much as a rifle with all the attachments. It’s good to have friends with more money than sense...

I’ve used an SHV F1. Good scope just wish it had 10 mil knobs.
    Last edited by FLS; 05-22-2018 at 11:05 AM.

Oh Yeah!! I'll have me one of deez http://www.anarchyoutdoors.com/area-...arca-rail-iar/

My RAT base will work just right off of my MPA.

Couple questions:

Why the interest in going so small for a long range cartridge? I figured the ideal cartridge would be a tradeoff between big (50 BMG, 338 Lapua) and small enough to comfortably shoulder and carry (308, 6.5 CM, 30.06, etc.). Aren't these very small cartridges almost guaranteed to be throat burners? Aren't they also way more affected by crosswind? Don't they slow down faster than bigger bullets too?

In reference to the tripod rigs above: Are they more stable than shooting prone with a bipod? Do you use them with some sort of bench or table? I have one of those Primos tripods with the trigger to drop the legs. It's useful for hunting but I find I still need to lean against a tree or something to steady my torso for a really accurate shot.

That’s a match rifle built for the PRS gas gun series. It’s built for speed and accuracy shooting high B C bullets as fast as possible with minimal recoil so you can spot your impact in case a second shot is needed. That’s harder to do with a large frame AR even in 6 / 6.5 Creedmoor. The small bullets have less energy and a little more wind drift. Trajectory is similar to the larger calibers. It’s a trade off.
    That tripod is as stable as shooting off a bipod and bag. We use it where prone or a solid rest isn’t an option. It’s nothing like shooting off a Trigger Stick.