Thread: Rio?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Dang people like you. You are one of the very, very few on this site who wouldn’t get absolutely lambasted for shooting at a turkey at that range. Looks like a Rio. Very pretty area. Glad it was exciting for you. Just imagine how exciting it would have been had you had called him into turkey hunting range.
    I just re-read this. What's funny to me is that you say that I'm one of the few on here that wouldn't get blasted for an 82 yard shot, and you say it like you have been the victim of a bunch of other posters' criticism of long shots or "unethical" hunting. You phrase your comment as if you do not condone the common internet practice of making unnecessary hunting-method negative comments...then you follow that up immediately with a backhanded compliment about the hunt and experience. Strange...

As for imagining how exciting it would be had I called him in to turkey hunting range...what range exactly is that? I've had Toms die at 15 yards, and I've had them die at 82 and a bunch of distances in between. I can not recall any hunt being any more exciting than another based on how close the bird ended up before the gun went bang.

BTW, here is my 55 yard pattern for the ethics police...I knew the bird was going to die if I did my part right.

Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 05-23-2018 at 02:43 PM.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    I just re-read this. What's funny to me is that you say that I'm one of the few on here that wouldn't get blasted for an 82 yard shot, and you say it like you have been the victim of a bunch of other posters' criticism of long shots or "unethical" hunting. You phrase your comment as if you do not condone the common internet practice of making unnecessary hunting-method negative comments...then you follow that up immediately with a backhanded compliment about the hunt and experience. Strange...

As for imagining how exciting it would be had I called him in to turkey hunting range...what range exactly is that? I've had Toms die at 15 yards, and I've had them die at 82 and a bunch of distances in between. I can not recall any hunt being any more exciting than another based on how close the bird ended up before the gun went bang.

BTW, here is my 55 yard pattern for the ethics police...I knew the bird was going to die if I did my part right.

You killed he bird, and that was the point of shooting. However, if you shot that gun and load at that target at 82 yards, you’d realize just how fortunate you were. That pattern goes way down hill from 55-82
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post

There was actually some strange autocorrect on my post that screwed up the first line. I’m not the ethics police. I don’t get blasted here or anywhere else for my ethics because I am ethical. I take shots at ethical distances. I don’t give a damn what shotgun, choke, or shell you use, I don’t think 82 yards at a turkey is a good shot. I didn’t make a backhanded compliment. I am glad you enjoyed it. I do think the area is pretty. I also think that taking that shot was a poor decision from a statistical standpoint (dead turkey or not) and I was shocked that the thread went over a page without someone saying it. You post neat stories. I like them. You seem like a good dude. I don’t dislike you. I just thought it was interesting and I don’t think many members would have posted that without backlash (my real point), much less have gotten profuse congratulations. ETA: that pattern at 55 yards would not have given me confidence at that range in the field or beyond.
    Last edited by Carolina Counsel; 05-23-2018 at 04:24 PM.
    Carolina Counsel