Bible Study Verses
II Timothy 4:2-4
Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage -with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. (NIV)

Thoughts
Oh boy, does this one hit home for hunters and fishermen. How many times have you heard someone telling a story and guaranteeing that it is the truth, an absolute fact, only to find out later that they were absolutely wrong? Maybe it has to do with a hunting technique or a special fishing lure, something guaranteed to work every time. Well, that's exactly what we want to hear, right? And pretty soon we're the one telling our friends that this is the way to hunt or fish. They believe us, and soon they're out trying to convert their friends to this technique or lure.

A few days ago, I had a similar experience in the spiritual realm. These folks were going around our neighborhood, visiting with people and telling them what they believe about God and their way of knowing Him. They talk a good story; but the problem is, their story is contradictory to God's Word, the Bible. What they've done is to take out of the Bible what they don't like, and add a few things here and there that they believe makes it better. In essence, they pick and choose what they will and won't believe and accept from God's Word.

Question: If God wrote the Bible (all of it), and God is an all-knowing and omnipotent God, how could it get any better? I think I'll accept His Word the way He wrote it; and use his "techniques" to live a better life, in the way He wants me to live it.
(Cliff S)

Action Point
Read your Bible daily; know what it says. That way, when someone comes to you and tries to tell you that there is another way to God, you will know how to counter their myths. But remember, always do this in love. Share the truth of Christ and His gift of forgiveness and salvation firmly but lovingly.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Listen to experienced hunters and fishermen. Read about hunting and fishing, but don't check your brains at the door. If something doesn't seem right, check it out before you bank a hunt or fishing trip on false information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk