Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Militarized Game Wardens??

Default Militarized Game Wardens??

I passed a game warden in Walmart over the weekend that looked like he was in the military special ops or something. Wtf is up with every law enforcement agency wearing all this tactical shit??? No wonder people are afraid of them. 20 years ago, cops wore their vests under their shirts and wore their pistols on their belts. They looked like decent helpful human beings. Now cops wear their vest on the outside of their uniform and wear their pistol on their thigh and affix all kinds of gidgets and gadgets to their belt, vest, and anywhere open they can find. We want kids to feel comfortable around cops and they walk around like this. Makes me sick to hear older people talk about "in my day we respected cops". Well in your day they looked like humans and didn't walk around looking like a robot GI Joe!

He might have been coming back from a sting or something. I ran into a buddy thats one one day all decked out like that. They had just completed a huge drug bust all over sumter cty. It involved sled, dnr, sherriff and schp.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    He might have been coming back from a sting or something. I ran into a buddy thats one one day all decked out like that. They had just completed a huge drug bust all over sumter cty. It involved sled, dnr, sherriff and schp.
    Oh ok. I hope that was the case. I sho don't want to get walked up on in the woods like that!

If he had been doing a sting like that, I don't think it's a good idea to walk around in public like that. He should have changed back into his regular uniform before going into a public place like Walmart. When I saw him I though to myself "Good Night"! I can only imagine what a child would think. It makes me think that I live in a war zone or third world country when I see LE's walking around like that.

You seem overly concerned to me.

He was probably bothered by all the white trash in Walmart..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Holy shit! Can a man do his job and pick up a jug of milk on the way home? The outer carrier keeps you a lot cooler and some are made with a higher level of armor that might be needed when he’s out on a bigger case. I don’t carry my sidearm on my leg and only know a few that do. In almost all cases it’s because the officer has back problems. Just let the man go on about his business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey...I'm just sharing a civilians perspective. It seems a little excessive imo.

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    He was probably bothered by all the white trash in Walmart..
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    I passed a game warden in Walmart over the weekend that looked like he was in the military special ops or something. Wtf is up with every law enforcement agency wearing all this tactical shit??? No wonder people are afraid of them. 20 years ago, cops wore their vests under their shirts and wore their pistols on their belts. They looked like decent helpful human beings. Now cops wear their vest on the outside of their uniform and wear their pistol on their thigh and affix all kinds of gidgets and gadgets to their belt, vest, and anywhere open they can find. We want kids to feel comfortable around cops and they walk around like this. Makes me sick to hear older people talk about "in my day we respected cops". Well in your day they looked like humans and didn't walk around looking like a robot GI Joe!
    Walmart now has "Safe Rooms" where you can go and shiver and cry for a few minutes when you happen to see a LEO. They are right next to the transgender bathrooms. Ask about it and be prepared. You might see a crossing guard or a School Resource Officer next time you shop and its always good to be prepared.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

The only game warden I know anymore spends most of his time half naked on the job, I believe.

Also, he's a sorry sonofabitch that'll walk right past you while looking you dead in the eye just to hit on your old lady.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

The point I was really trying to make was that the one game warden that I know personally isn't exactly "militarized" unless it's in the case of womanizing.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    The only game warden I know anymore spends most of his time half naked on the job, I believe.

Also, he's a sorry sonofabitch that'll walk right past you while looking you dead in the eye just to hit on your old lady.
    Truth^^^^^^^^^
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I'm just really glad cottontop is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Truth^^^^^^^^^
    You're basically a carbon copy of that fool.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

Pretty sure we know the same game warden then. He's a world class smartass too, right?

The point I was really trying to make was that the one game warden that I know personally isn't exactly "militarized" unless it's in the case of womanizing.
    But in his defense, I just liked a picture of yours on the Facepage, and it weren't cause you were in it......

We know the same GW

The era the “older folks” speak of, officers carried a revolver and a set of cuffs.. a walkie if they were lucky. Now officers are required to carry a multitude of “gizmos and gadgets” as you call them, to potentially mitigate dangerous situations without incurring additional civil and criminal liability. Add ballistic protection and it’s not comfortable or appealing. As TG said.. that type of dress is typically reserved for specific “operations” or to alleviate the health concerns of carrying 25lbs. of gear on your hips for 12-14 hours at a time. Strictly judging how much respect to have for someone based on their appearance is ignorant.
    “Get out among the mountains and trees, friend, as soon as you can. They will do more for you than either man or woman could.” Theodore Roosevelt to John Muir after his wife's passing in 1905.

Quote Originally Posted by tjm84 View Post
    Strictly judging how much respect to have for someone based on their appearance is ignorant.
    Unless they have tattoos then it is ok to judge them as trash.