Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hunter Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    just the second top recruit to jump ship in a week. Nothing to see here, move along
    I'll take "Problems University of South Carolina football program cannot possibly have for $1,000, Alex."

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Does it ever occur to you guys that a player has to learn a playbook. Not only that it’s a playbook that depends on the QB making very important reads. I think hunter Johnson had the talent to start last year yes. However I do not think he knew enough of the playbook to take over the 1 spot. Bryant had been in the system two years before he started his first game. Sometimes the difference between players comes down to the playbook it’s really that simple.
    And Zerrick Cooper knew the playbook any better? C'mon man, he looked like a blind man every time he was on the field. Confused, panic stricken, deer in the headlights most of the time. We would have been better off running ETN out of the wildcat than having Cooper in there. He was a disaster. But he was the #2 guy.
    Last edited by JJ1965; 05-23-2018 at 08:34 AM.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    He was better than Bryant, but most tater fans won't admit it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Dabo also said Cole "three and out" Stout should start over D. Watson and had his staff in an uproar over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    I'll bite. Where does number 6 for 2018 come from? Or did you fat finger the keyboard while rubbing one out?

1. Trevor Lawrence
    2. Derion Kendrick
    3. Xavier Thomas
    4. KJ Henry
    5. Jackson Carman
    6. Justyn Ross

Rivals rankings, not my own personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    And Zerrick Cooper knew the playbook any better? C'mon man, he looked like a blind man every time he was on the field. Confused, panic stricken, deer in the headlights most of the time. We would have been better off running ETN out of the wildcat than having Cooper in there. He was a disaster. But he was the #2 guy.
    Zerrick Cooper practized good though.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    I'll take "Problems University of South Carolina football program cannot possibly have for $1,000, Alex."
    I see what you did there

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    He was better than Bryant, but most tater fans won't admit it.

I admit and agree. If he had gottten good time last year, he wouldn’t be gone, and we would be four deep instead of three.
    Carolina Counsel

Is Bryant going to Arkansas? What is all this about QBs getting pissed about TL getting golden child status? What TL after getting hit a couple times. If you are down to TL and Brice.........yeah good luck with that

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Does it ever occur to you guys that a player has to learn a playbook.
    How hard is it to learn the illegal rub route?

Last edited by Catdaddy; 05-24-2018 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highcotton View Post
    Is Bryant going to Arkansas? What is all this about QBs getting pissed about TL getting golden child status? What TL after getting hit a couple times. If you are down to TL and Brice.........yeah good luck with that
    Nobody knows what will happen when he gets hit. I assume he got hit in high school and his record(s) there were pretty astounding. There’s no golden child status, but there is a generationally talented QB and it is obvious to everyone who has seen him, including those that will back him up.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands