Thread: DNR Turkey Hunter Survey

Default DNR Turkey Hunter Survey

All, don’t discard this survey when you receive it in the mail, fill it out and return it as every survey matters. Our population decline isn’t contained in just our borders, the entire southeast is seeing a significant reduction in numbers that is quite concerning. Where we all have differing opinions on what may be causing our decline in population I believe we all have the same goal in mind, betterment for spring turkey hunting and turkeys in general, these surveys are a step in the right direction in finding answers.

Thanks
    Ricky

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Did mine and sent it back already

Yep.... Sent mine in Monday
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

I think you got the point across Ricky lol

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowman View Post
    I think you got the point across Ricky lol
    I know, I posted it across many different sites and groups and it’s redundant, thing about it is I feel most think these surveys are as worthless as the paper they are printed on, and I once was one of them. Its easy to always question the actions and constantly bitch about changes or deny what is undeniable when it impacts what you do and enjoy. I don’t think there’s a turkey hunter out there that can deny the reduction in turkeys in general as it’s not just a rumor trickling about anymore. If you look at some of our other southern states harvest numbers it’s downright scary. The biggest reason for me posting this so much across these sites and groups is a lot of people don’t take them seriously or even realize we have an issue, it hasn’t been published where they would be informed, but they need to be. Hopefully whoever gets their surveys will fill them out and get them back to DNR.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

Good on ya Ricky! I thought about burning mine along side a RCW doll while doing a Long Leaf grant money dance but I didn't have any tight jeans and my vape pen battery was plumb dead and then what had been happened was.

All jesting aside fill out your paper work and send it in fellers!
    Last edited by Strick9; 05-19-2018 at 03:13 PM.
    Genesis 9;2

Well Ricky, you can go to bed tonight knowing that you made a small difference in the world. I just filled mine out and put it in the mailbox. That's the first time I have ever filled it out.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

NC had a down year. Harvest numbers were ~1500 less than last season. Anecdotal reports from the historically turkey-rich areas are not good.
    Last edited by gooseaholic; 05-20-2018 at 06:10 AM.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    Well Ricky, you can go to bed tonight knowing that you made a small difference in the world. I just filled mine out and put it in the mailbox. That's the first time I have ever filled it out.
    Good to hear Mike, I’ve always been a jackass yelling about data and where the DNR is getting it, arguing points which get us nowhere. Hopefully more are honest and send theirs in.

Also, you can sign up for surveys to be emailed to you.

http://www.dnr.sc.gov/wildlife/turkey/turkeysurvey.html