Thread: They will tremble at the sound of our silence

Default They will tremble at the sound of our silence

A nuclear-powered underwater drone capable of destroying enemy naval bases and causing huge tsunamis is under construction in Russia, according to a state news agency.

The Poseidon will be able to carry a nuclear warhead with a capacity of up to two megatonnes, a source told TASS.

The source said: "It will be possible to mount various nuclear charges on the ‘torpedo’ of the Poseidon multipurpose seaborne system, with the thermonuclear single warhead... to have the maximum capacity of up to 2 megatonnes in TNT equivalent."

With its nuclear munition, the underwater drone "is primarily designed to destroy reinforced naval bases of a potential enemy," the source said.

The drone will have a speed of 60-70 knots and will be operational at a depth of more than 1km.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...eidon-12554382

Pretty F'd up....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

This same sort of idiocy is what made it easy for Reagan to completely bankrupt them.

Quote Originally Posted by formerly bohica View Post
    This same sort of idiocy is what made it easy for Reagan to completely bankrupt them.
    Yep. Who said history doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes? M twain maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by formerly bohica View Post
    Agreed, however every president and congress since has been hell bent on bankrupting the US. Also, Putin doing this isn’t a sign of strength, it’s weakness from a failing regime.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

The Russians struggled to feed their guys in Syria. This is another pathetic attempt to project strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always knew they were gonna steal the Hunley design.
    Last edited by Strick9; 05-20-2018 at 08:23 PM.
    Genesis 9;2

Their next weapon will be a giant "Laser" stationed in outer space that can trigger any dormant volcano on our planet..

Magma

60-70 kts? I'll call BS on it being quiet if it is even capable of going that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Their next weapon will be a giant "Laser" stationed in outer space that can trigger any dormant volcano on our planet..
    It will look like a giant...

Quote Originally Posted by Beauregard View Post
    60-70 kts? I'll call BS on it being quiet if it is even capable of going that fast.
    Pootin’s been reading a lot of Clive Cussler books.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Pootin’s been reading a lot of Clive Cussler books.
    Wonder if he reads while riding a horse? Shirtless, of course...

Quote Originally Posted by Beauregard View Post
    This. We'll find a way to kill it.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post

I wonder how far the stand-off will be to operate it? I am pretty sure ULF will not transmit across oceans. Maybe it loiters on the sea bottom and surfaces every couple of days to get its directives? A pure guess, but I figure that if he is talking about it, we already have it. Russia was right to be paranoid of our space shuttle program as it was all military in design and function (to deploy GPS and to be able to steal or disable opposing satellites) even though we put a pretty positive spin on it for the public. Regardless, file this under "So What" because being remote control vs. live manned submarine has little net effect on the outcome of a nuclear event. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero