Thread: Hiding bus bar and wiring in jon boat

Default Hiding bus bar and wiring in jon boat

How are you guys hiding your bus bar in a jon boat or are you leaving it out in the open. Pics of your set ups would be great!

Thanks
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Bar is in bilgewell by battery and exposed wires to the bow are inside of 1/2" PEX and slid in the channel of the gunwales to keep clean.
    PEX is painted....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Its not as bad as it looks, but I'd probably gain 4mph if I could go wireless.
    Amazing how many wires I have in there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    Its not as bad as it looks, but I'd probably gain 4mph if I could go wireless.
    Amazing how many wires I have in there.

You know if you'd back that camera up a bit people may be able to see what the hell your talking about

Why? I a buss bar for the neg and a terminal block for the pos, both with wiring and located under the gunwhales back near the transom.

Better?

Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

fabricate an aluminum box for it.
    IMG_3078.JPG
    IMG_2991.JPG
    Last edited by ecu1984; 05-17-2018 at 08:48 PM.

I bet Tim smiff or palmetto trooper can make some boxes.

Conduit junction box

Thanks for all the pics. Put down some hydroturf and pulled all new wires this past weekend. Wired it up to a new circuited switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

There ya go! Looks nice

Should have taken a before picture. It was like a birds nest back there. Much cleaner now. Two leads going to the battery from the switch. Nothing else to get in the way. And I used some marine duplex, so I’m hoping it’s there to stay for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just had to re do the wiring in my Jon boat also. Before I must have had over 20 wires (+&-) coming off the battery. I put in a switch panel and one of the blue sea fuse blocks, this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001P...rch&th=1&psc=1. I mounted it under the flip lid for the billage, could have mounted it further in under the seat but wanted easy access to it. Down to 3 wires coming off the battery (motor, trim, fuse block). Probably move the trim wire to the fuse block also to clean it up even more.
    8E9261B7-1901-4C66-A23E-AFC1C897BE1A.jpg
    038D8502-0249-43CF-909F-9DF3B3EA47F2.jpg
    833AB73E-B41D-48CF-843C-AB1FED5FEDC2.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Quote Originally Posted by CUduckreeper View Post
    I just had to re do the wiring in my Jon boat also. Before I must have had over 20 wires (+&-) coming off the battery. I put in a switch panel and one of the blue sea fuse blocks, this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001P...rch&th=1&psc=1. I mounted it under the flip lid for the billage, could have mounted it further in under the seat but wanted easy access to it. Down to 3 wires coming off the battery (motor, trim, fuse block). Probably move the trim wire to the fuse block also to clean it up even more.
    8E9261B7-1901-4C66-A23E-AFC1C897BE1A.jpg
    038D8502-0249-43CF-909F-9DF3B3EA47F2.jpg
    833AB73E-B41D-48CF-843C-AB1FED5FEDC2.jpg
    What’s that rocker switch behind your seat?
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

That is the factory (or dealer) installed switch for the navigation lights. I thought about moving the wires to the new switch panel but then I’d be left with a hole where the old switch was, so I just left them where they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.