Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Record Crappie

Y’all ain’t right....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caught a 4.5 lber in college. Raybird and I fried his ass up that night.
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

His name is Jam.....
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Caught a good many 3.5+ at secession back in the early to mid 90's. That little lake was full of huge crappie back then. Now, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Caught a good many 3.5+ at secession back in the early to mid 90's. That little lake was full of huge crappie back then. Now, not so much.
    You right about that. Seems like all i catch is little dinks when i fish it now (which i havent in about 2-3 years.)

Yep. Back then it was common to bring home a two man limit with all over 2 lbs. wonder what happened? I know more people fish it now, and it's been drawn down to basically the river run a couple times. I think it may be overpopulated now. There used to be big rockfish too. The fact that they stopped stocking those may have had an effect on the average size of the crappies.
    Wish it would get back to the way it was.

Yep, last time I went me and granddaddy probably caught over 100 easily and maybe kept 30 or so.. Honestly I finally told him i was tired of catching little 8in crappie.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Yep. Back then it was common to bring home a two man limit with all over 2 lbs. wonder what happened? I know more people fish it now, and it's been drawn down to basically the river run a couple times. I think it may be overpopulated now. There used to be big rockfish too. The fact that they stopped stocking those may have had an effect on the average size of the crappies.
    Wish it would get back to the way it was.
    I would guess over fishing.