Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reports: 4-star lineman transferring from Clemson just months after stepping on campu

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwoods View Post
    And he also doesn’t have to worry about playing for a conference or national championship.
    Kid wants to play in the SEC, you cant really blame him. Probably wants to get to the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Kid wants to play in the SEC, you cant really blame him. Probably wants to get to the NFL.
    He will be well rested, not playing in conference championships and playoff games.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

No doubt. Maybe he can sign with Skai Moore’s agent. Every top prospect knows if you want to play on Sundays you have to go through Willie Brice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwoods View Post
    No doubt. Maybe he can sign with Skai Moore’s agent. Every top prospect knows if you want to play on Sundays you have to go through Willie Brice.
    Skai Moore is with the Colts now. I need to get my car detailed, do you happen to know how much Boulware charges?
    Last edited by ecu1984; 05-16-2018 at 09:43 PM.

Skai Moore is with the Colts now. I need to get my car detailed, do you happen to know how much Boulware charges?

My bad. I thought you were talking about being drafted in the NFL. Not unsigned free agents. Boulware runs a gym of some type in Anderson now. He was not drafted and was signed by the Carolina Panthers before being cut.

You might want to check which school has more players on NFL rosters before you show your ignorance again. If you get stumped let me know.

This is a very very different situation than the Kaleb Chalmers transfer several years ago. Josh is a good kid.
    However, this will not work out well for the gamecocks. Trust me. I know all about everything involved here

Quote Originally Posted by Redwoods View Post
    This is a very very different situation than the Kaleb Chalmers transfer several years ago. Josh is a good kid.
    However, this will not work out well for the gamecocks. Trust me. I know all about everything involved here
    Well how about give us the scoop Dr. Know.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    He seen the writing on the wall, University of South Carolina is a real deal.
    i hereby decree that I will not forget this post for many, many years. I welcome you all to join me in this quest.

Good day.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i hereby decree that I will not forget this post for many, many years. I welcome you all to join me in this quest.

Good day.
    You had to see the sarcasm in my writing .

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    You had to see the sarcasm in my writing .
    Sarcasm is in italics. You meant that
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

That was funny right there.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    I know what you are saying, but he shouldn't set that standard. Do you really want to set the expectation that it's ok to stop before the season and transfer to your in state rivalry? Let's be honest, Clemson stands to lose in that scenario.

Personally I say the kid made a commitment to the school. One that affected other kids that wanted to come play there. I understand it doesn't work out sometimes. But short of some kind of life altering event I think the kids need to realize that there is a cost for not honoring your commitment. And "I'm not good enough and want to go play somewhere else" isn't a life altering event to me either. If you want to go play on the west coast where we don't have to face you again, then I'm fine with that. But you don't get to change your mind and stay in the same league or state. Not if it was my call to make.

Now with that being said, none of us know what the real circumstances are in this case. But if it's a girl, there better be sparks shooting out of that thing.
    I understand that side of the argument, as well. If Dabo is going to sell the program as a "family" program, then I think you have to act like a loving father when one of your kid's is faced with a family situation like this. In the long run, I think it helps solidify the family sell. Otherwise, you're just like every other ball coach.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    I don't think he gets to play this year. Unconditional means he sits one year, coaches have the authority to put conditions on the transfer that make him sit 2. That's NCAA rule as I understand it.

And article on tigernet said mother has medical condition and he wants to be close fwiw.
    I always thought that was the case too, but seems like there are more and more exceptions to this these days.

So if he has to sit out a year, why not just take a year off from school? Just seems odd to me that he is talking about schools that are 2 hours away from each other. It's not like he is across the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    I understand that side of the argument, as well. If Dabo is going to sell the program as a "family" program, then I think you have to act like a loving father when one of your kid's is faced with a family situation like this. In the long run, I think it helps solidify the family sell. Otherwise, you're just like every other ball coach.
    Definitely depends on the details of the situation.

Dawg, you are making some extremely well thought out and rational posts in this thread. You need to excuse yourself from the Sports Forum until you can act right......

Thanks for the intervention.

Lets see if we can get this back on track.

The unconditional release is in exchange for the whole sick family story.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Raid View Post
    The unconditional release is in exchange for the whole sick family story.
    Hey look everybody, everybody's favorite FOS "insider" is here!

What did you think he was going to say< "I don't like it here and there's a different set of rules for different sets of players" or "I was pressured to commit and enroll early and then USC moved on and I made a mistake". Do you really think if all was dandy in Tigville he'd be leaving? He was up to 2nd team.

Im guessing someone tried fingering his ass..