Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Poult mortality....

I think he very well may be a dick with an asshole wrapped around it.
    Last edited by Hogg; 05-17-2018 at 01:40 PM. Reason: spelling
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    Wait, I thought you were an asshole?
    its confusing....I know.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    I think he very well may be a dick with an asshole wrapped around it.
    thats unsavory
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Ewww
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    Wait, I thought you were an asshole?
    Incorrect

Not just the hole, but the entire thing!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    Glad it rolls off , same here. I was told by someone that if we met we would get along well, I would probably agree but only after I poked ya for squealing like a little girl for not getting your way lol.

If one can read,our mission and our goals are at the top of the page. I can't help what someone wants to extrapolate in their mind or what your brain wants to create.

What I can say is that the USFS was held to 9800 acres of growing season this year, that SCDNR will be re emphasizing continual and efficient turkey and deer health indices and research, that SCDNR CAT 1s are looking better than they have in 7 years and that food plots and dove fields on public land should look better on public WMAs as well. Oh yea and that the Eastern Mountain alliance knows they have a strong adversary ( no crap).

I am not taking credit but CWS absolutely had a hand in every piece of it. CWS condones good fire. Not Sorry if we "seem" to come off hard on fire, it is after all only the most valuable and most damaging original tool of man. Fire damage can still be found that is over 100 or more years old and is irreversible for years to come.. Its not just something to play around and its not something to wear on your chest as a badge.. That's the recognition fire deserves. Im about full of grins when some pasty face ,beer bellied, skinny armed, half bearded, lumberjack wanna be starts spouting off all fire is good and I know fire since my professor told me so or Long Leaf is the most biodiverse because I see some grass and a wood pecker besides my proffessor told me so etc etc.

If a good land manager can't accomplish all of his goals ( if they include game) without using fire late March- mid to ending May, that landowner needs a new manager. I can see the cause for a first entry once during those dates but moving forward in interval not again. It was only about 15 years ago or so that true nesting season burning was even an issue till then it was taboo because is galldanged commons sense that doesn't take a forestry degree, a wildlife degree or any other degree to freakin understand. Education led by the USFS, USFW and others, soon upon finding out the dinero in fire , started pushing the Bullshit argument that its ok to fire kill a few now, habitat in the future is more important.

There is not one single rubbed up paper that shows land X( never fire treated) with population of Y ( quail and turkey) where the addition of even the addition of the best applied and timed fire has ever increased Y. That bothers me greatly, since several papers have tried to do so but then only end up with results showing: "shoulds" or "hens preffered" etc. Meanwhile other variables added or removed show increases and decreases clearly. Its Kool aide I won't drink.

I don't see the path your attempting to light as to how you and I as a private land managers should be worried about what CWS is doing to go after the USFS absolutely terrible damaging fire regime example on public lands owned by the public, paid for by the public coming back to effect us as private land managers on private lands paid for by private money with good fire regimes. How in the world do you construe that? What I construe is just the opposite the protection of fire, being that at some point the vault of all fire will fall due to the USFS activity hurting us all. Asthmatic League of America or Little Johnnies coughing council only have more leverage with bad fire examples ... If we can get those stopped then better fire examples will prevail. Its called policing our own and is what historically works. Do you not see that?

Did you seriously just relate coyotes / foxpens to prions and CWD? And did you ask me to pull out my what ifs and buts Crystal ball ? Well hold on, let me check, yep it says Surely CWD will arrive in SC but it won't come from high fence ops already here in SC, hint.

Sure glad your writing skills are better than your meteorology.. Buddy called me and said he saw a group of poults guzzling it right down. I know I needed this 3/4 of an inch of warm rain and could use another 3/4.. I reckon the poults will handle it just fine.

As to pussification, if your so worried about fire, quit being a pansy step up and protect good fire, start a group, don't be all worried or scared about loosing it do something about it, worrying doesn't do much good for a man.

Im down for a rum and coke at the marina any day or a warm beer on the skidder, no diff to me. Sorry about all the crappy misspellings and syntax jaxx.
    So what do you want? Please be specific.

i’m about full of grins when some pasty face ,beer bellied, skinny armed, long bearded, lumberjack wanna be starts spouting off all fire is good
    I wouldn’t take that shit Gene.

Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Geno doesn't have skinny arms

That is fact. He's burly,

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Geno doesn't have skinny arms
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    So what do you want? Please be specific.
    80' Paul Mann, deep water access house in Fiji, 4 brindled Dogos, 10 Barrett M82s, unlimited ammo, unlimited good stogies, same for the rum and add unlimited fuel for starters.

What do I want what, where, when and how or ? If as to our first goal sets its on the CWS page.

Gene knows exactly the pukes I speak of... they usually drive a scion or prius and call themselves foresters or wildlife managers meanwhile they dye their hair blue, wear tye died t shirts and tight jeans while walking around preaching fire adapted species over game species and huggn long leafs like they were the holy grail of rainbow puddn pops. Hail we even have one on site who has a picture of him kissing a RCW , I kid you not.
    Last edited by Strick9; 05-18-2018 at 02:31 PM.
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by britton40 View Post
    I wouldn’t take that shit Gene.
    Ha! That is funny.

80' Paul Mann, deep water access house in Fiji, 4 brindled Dogos, 10 Barrett M82s, unlimited ammo, unlimited good stogies, same for the rum and add unlimited fuel for starters.

What do I want what, where, when and how or ? If as to our first goal sets its on the CWS page.

Gene knows exactly the pukes I speak of... they usually drive a scion or prius and call themselves foresters or wildlife managers meanwhile they dye their hair blue, wear tye died t shirts and tight jeans while walking around preaching fire adapted species over game species and huggn long leafs like they were the holy grail of rainbow puddn pops. Hail we even have one on site who has a picture of him kissing a RCW , I kid you not.
    WTF is wrong with a tye dyed t shirt?
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    WTF is wrong with a tye dyed t shirt?
    Not a daggum thing as long as Jerry Garcia or Bob Marley dons the front and not a RCW or Long Leaf.
    Last edited by Strick9; 05-18-2018 at 06:09 PM.
    Genesis 9;2

In all seriousness, has anyone seen any poults?

I have not seen the first one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post

yes.
    with just about every hen i have seen in the past month.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post

I saw at least four different families the last week of turkey season.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleSprig View Post
    yes.
    with just about every hen i have seen in the past month.
    Good deal. I have not seen any, which is why I asked.
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    I saw at least four different families the last week of turkey season.
    Good to hear