Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Poult mortality....

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post
    It's nice to know you and your inheritance love watching us lowly peasants from your controlled environment and throne. I don't blame you one bit, unless you are enrolled in gov't programs and gov't funding for all the good you are doing for wildlife......if that's the case no wonder your livelihood depends on it.......
    My inheritance? Government programs? Why don't you bring something positive from your wealth of Natural Resources knowledge the table other than emotions!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Because emotions are what fuel most of the arguments on this site bruh!

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Because emotions are what fuel most of the arguments on this site bruh!
    Truth week....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    My inheritance? Government programs? Why don't you bring something positive from your wealth of Natural Resources knowledge the table other than emotions!
    Dang, growing season Fire must be on the list of quals for gov't money as well........

I take great glee in watching Raptors and other vermin bite the dust. No Dat.

I know some Gents who keep the ammo companies hopping with 223, 22-250 and 204 Ruger ammo sales.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Men used to kill hawks, crows, snakes, opossums, and raccoons, etc. and never say a word about it. Right or wrong it was just a way of life. Those men and their way of life have died out.....
    There are still a few around that can teach you what the three S's really stand for.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    I take great glee in watching Raptors and other vermin bite the dust. No Dat.

I know some Gents who keep the ammo companies hopping with 223, 22-250 and 204 Ruger ammo sales.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.thest...175267256.html

I wonder how the turkey population is doing on Charles William's plantation?
    Last edited by BRR; 05-16-2018 at 09:54 AM.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.thest...175267256.html

I wonder how the turkey population is doing on Charles Williams plantation?
    If he's through burning by February, his turkeys, quail and rabbits are doing well......and even better when he was eliminating predators.
    Small late season burns have their place, but large acreage burns in April and May are not good imho.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    If he's through burning by February, his turkeys, quail and rabbits are doing well......and even better when he was eliminating predators.
    Small late season burns have their place, but large acreage burns in April and May are not good imho.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Agreed.

Dang, growing season Fire must be on the list of quals for gov't money as well........
    Aaahhhhh....I get it now!
    You read the USFWS/Longleaf Alliance article recently published about myself, my business, and family property?
    I see now...this is your attempt to "call me out" or "shame me" about being a family landowner or working with the SC Forestry Comm., USFWS, NRCS, or the Longleaf Alliance to procure matching grants and cost share for our land or other clients!
    Although pretty low, nice try....I am ashamed of nothing, most certainly not any "inheritance" as you put it!
    The article IMO was pretty poorly written and I did not get to proof read it as I was told but they did manage to covey the message fairly well but of course, you don't get it!

I will continue to help others with their natural resources and continue to be passionate about land and wildlife conservation.
    I have made my position very clear on here regarding growing season fires and it stands that I am opposed to what the USFS is doing @ FMNF with their massive, hot fires.
    However, the fact remains that landowners such as myself who do utilize fire from one season to the next have abundant game and non-game populations across the landscape....Including but not limited to wild quail and turkey!
    Carry on....
    Last edited by Calibogue; 05-16-2018 at 10:20 AM.

I took a video of a gobbler breeding a hen this morning. I hope it doesn't monsoon in 42-50 days before the future poults are mature enough to withstand it.

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    I took a video of a gobbler breeding a hen this morning. I hope it doesn't monsoon in 42-50 days before the future poults are mature enough to withstand it.
    I watched a pair of painted buntings get it on this morning...
    Never seen it before....his pre-dance was nothing short of incredible!

I'm down with OGP
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

It is fun to watch you inheriting your way through a flooded bay in 100+ degree temps with 300% humidity just to get a few SAV's going for the fall...

Question for Cali.

Two customers approach you, each one having very similar properties of large acreage in the same geographic region and for the sake of this question we will say the properties are even laid out similar in habitat for what you would typically see for the area you work in.

Spending money to achieve the end goal is not an issue for either customer.

Customer 1 wants to make money off the property ( cutting and planting pines) and manage for wildlife (mainly deer/turkey) at the same time.

Customer 2 cares nothing about making money from the property but simply wants to manage for wildlife the best way possible.

How are these properties treated differently?

Customer 1 leases to dog drivers and customer 2 leases to still hunters.
    I had an ant farm once......them fellas didn't grow shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Question for Cali.

Two customers approach you, each one having very similar properties of large acreage in the same geographic region and for the sake of this question we will say the properties are even laid out similar in habitat for what you would typically see for the area you work in.

Spending money to achieve the end goal is not an issue for either customer.

Customer 1 wants to make money off the property ( cutting and planting pines) and manage for wildlife (mainly deer/turkey) at the same time.

Customer 2 cares nothing about making money from the property but simply wants to manage for wildlife the best way possible.

How are these properties treated differently?
    It's their property and I make recommendations based upon their goals, needs, and objectives.
    Just be/c one want's a property to be self sufficient financially dones't mean they still can't manage wildlife if that's the tree you're barking up.
    Your actual question is really not that simple.....a lot of factors involved but my answer above is about as simple as I can make it.
    Last edited by Calibogue; 05-16-2018 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Just be/c one want's a property to be self sufficient financially dones't mean they still can't manage wildlife if that's the tree you're barking up.
    Kind of sort of what I'm getting at, but not 100%. I understand they can manage for both.
    Really Just curious if you are more likely to implement fire when a good return on investment is a larger concern than just wildlife habitat.

It is fun to watch you inheriting your way through a flooded bay in 100+ degree temps with 300% humidity just to get a few SAV's going for the fall...
    No kidding. Cali bust his hind end day in and day out to leave this world with way more resources than he found it. A harder working and better friend of wildlife I have yet to meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Kind of sort of what I'm getting at, but not 100%. I understand they can manage for both.
    Really Just curious if you are more likely to implement fire when a good return on investment is a larger concern than just wildlife habitat.
    There is nothing about fire that would compromise a clients ability to achieve a ROI.....