Thread: Any TV Tinkerers

Default Any TV Tinkerers

In here? Watching TV with the wife last night, and the screen got dim. Turned TV off, and tried to turn back on... you guessed it, nothing happened. I unplugged and let it sit overnight and throughout the day. Plugged back in and still nothing. I know half the time thy're not worth messing with since they're fairly cheap now. But if it could be something simple that I can check/fix myself, I'm certainly willing to look into it. TV is a Samsung. Less than 6 years old.

Go...

Does it have gas in it?

If you take the back off of it, there are like 3 tube style fuses on the board. You can take it apart and check those...if not that, might as well go a buy a new one.

Blinker fluid is low.

Is it plugged in?

I checked all the fluids and made sure it was plugged in. Still nothing. I'll look at plugs and wires next.

I had a samsung that quit on me. Tv wasn't that old. Google the model number with the word "repair" next to it. When mine messed up there was a common problem and I ordered the part off amazon. It was a circuit board of some sort. I replaced it (two screws and unplug it, simple repair) and that fixed it. The part was $30.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Samsung had some notorious power supply problems for which they offered free replacement of a capacitor or resistor that was the problem. I thought that was a little more than 6 years ago, but know there were some related problems a little later. A little online research in some of the AV and AVS forums probably has a ton of info.