Thread: Scary! Google's New "Assistant" Google Duplex

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Scary! Google's New "Assistant" Google Duplex

I do not like this. The human has no idea she isn't talking to another human. She's talking to an Artificial Intelligence bot. They haven't released it yet but it'll be released soon according to Google.

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

If you can't tell you are talking to a robot within the first 15 seconds of a call, then the robot isn't the problem.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    If you can't tell you are talking to a robot within the first 15 seconds of a call, then the robot isn't the problem.
    Could you tell in that video? And if you could tell me exactly what gave it away to you?
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    Could you tell in that video? And if you could tell me exactly what gave it away to you?
    It’s a woman and she’s nice.... dead give away she isn’t real

Those were two taped calls out of thousands of test calls. I'd be more impressed with a live demo to an unsuspecting place. But admittedly those two examples were impressive.

But lets say they all work that great. If you can't tell, what is the problem? Robo dialers call me all the time. They answer when I call businesses. It's not anything new.

I have no doubt that Google AI will do it better than most that we have to deal with now. And that technology will in turn benefit them. So why is it a big concern that people might start using it on their own phone?

In the time it takes to tell google what to do you could have made the damn call yourself. I swear this world has a bunch of lazy ass mofos. If you’re that busy and that important that you can’t make your haircut appointment, your company has probably already hired you an assistant.

Google will now intro the bot as artificial after harsh criticism by the public.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    In the time it takes to tell google what to do you could have made the damn call yourself. I swear this world has a bunch of lazy ass mofos. If you’re that busy and that important that you can’t make your haircut appointment, your company has probably already hired you an assistant.
    Except your company can save themselves an exec. asst. salary and the legal fees from your impending sexual harassment suit by spending a one time Google subscription fee.

So now Google has eliminated the jobs of secretaries. Amazon is eliminating postal workers with drone delivery as well as grocery store employees with their goal of delivering groceries, in addition to retail employees. Tesla is eliminating transport drivers (truck drivers, cab driver, bus, etc.). AI robots are going to eliminate warehouse employees, construction workers, etc. The list goes on and on. Like something straight out of Star Wars.

Don’t know how many of you saw Elysium with Matt Damon, but that is where the future is headedand fast. A world of very few super rich and about 7.99 billion poor people. What’s worse, is these companies receive subsidies and grants from the government to R&D this tech. This technology is the single largest threat to job growth and creation. Technology is great to a point, but I think we are there.
    Last edited by wskinner; 05-11-2018 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie1976 View Post
    It’s a woman and she’s nice.... dead give away she isn’t real
    Yep and not from India
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Except your company can save themselves an exec. asst. salary and the legal fees from your impending sexual harassment suit by spending a one time Google subscription fee.

So now Google has eliminated the jobs of secretaries. Amazon is eliminating postal workers with drone delivery as well as grocery store employees with their goal of delivering groceries, in addition to retail employees. Tesla is eliminating transport drivers (truck drivers, cab driver, bus, etc.). AI robots are going to eliminate warehouse employees, construction workers, etc. The list goes on and on. Like something straight out of Star Wars.

Don’t know how many of you saw Elysium with Matt Damon, but that is where the future is headedand fast. A world of very few super rich and about 7.99 billion poor people. What’s worse, is these companies receive subsidies and grants from the government to R&D this tech. This technology is the single largest threat to job growth and creation. Technology is great to a point, but I think we are there.
    That world will never exist. People have a choice on how they want to receive good and services.

I'm busy, but not so busy that I can't take 3 minutes to schedule a haircut. Oughta be interesting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Yep and not from India
    I'm stoked. I hang up when the Patel answers at any company. This may put all that dudes cousins out of work.