Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 F150 Diesel

Default 2018 F150 Diesel

Did a quick search and didn't see any threads on this headline. Looks like this is old news but figured it was worth some chatter. I somehow missed that Ford plans to finally offer a F150 with a 3.0L diesel power plant in the good ole US of A.

Seeing salty's post in the TP got me intrigued. Apparently Ford is all in on the MAGA bandwagon.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/20...l-details-news

Discuss...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Same here...I must be living under a rock because I had not heard about this.

I also googled after seeing the TP post and found this article/review.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/car-re...diesel-review/

I never have understood why the USA didn't have any mid-sized Diesel truck options...

I look forward to learning more about its release.
    Last edited by Johnny Reb; 05-11-2018 at 09:37 AM.

About 10 years late. Chevy and Dodge been had them. Ford is playing catch up as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Reb View Post

I never have understood why the USA didn't have any mid-sized Diesel truck options...

I look forward to learning more about its release.
    I think it's multi-faceted. Between the EPA and public perception from all the hippie type commie fags, people condemn that which they don't understand. If they could come around and see the light. In the words of the late great Layne Staley: "If you let yourself go and opened your mind I'll bet you'd be doing like me, And it ain't so bad."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    About 10 years late. Chevy and Dodge been had them. Ford is playing catch up as usual.
    Serious question. What's your beef with Ford? I don't care either way, but you seem to really not like Ford... or hate them, not sure which one it is yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ram has the EcoDiesel (and they just launched it in 2014), and Nissan has their little Cummins (launched in 2016), what has Chevy offered in the 1/2 ton arena with a diesel power plant in the past 10 years? I mean we all know the Colorado isn't a 1/2 ton truck, so please don't say that.
    Last edited by willyworm; 05-11-2018 at 10:24 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Serious question. What's your beef with Ford? I don't care either way, but you seem to really not like Ford... or hate them, not sure which one it is yet.
    No beef , Ram has a eco-diesel and Chevy has a mini- duramax. Ford has nothing. Plain and simple, What’s your preference and what truck you drive?

I wish I had a truck! I guess I don't really have a preference per se. I just try to find what's practical for my need. I don't own a farm, don't haul stuff around, I'm in Sales so I travel the highway a lot. My Xpress is the heaviest thing I pull and it's relatively light.

Right now I'm driving a BMW x5 with 3.0L diesel. When I was looking to replace my Tahoe last year I was buying a diesel, but had no business with a 3/4 ton truck. It would be gross overkill for my purpose. I wanted a Ram EcoD but even the used ones were too new and out of my budget. Since I couldn't find a 1/2 ton truck with a diesel for less than $25k, I had to find other options. Second choice was the Audi Q7 with VW's 3.0L diesel, but the EPA caught VW riding dirty and the 2010-2013 diesel Q7s could not be found on the used market because the EPA made Vdub buy em back to get em off the road. Once again, at almost $30k for a 2014 and newer Q7, it was out of my budget.

I'd love nothing more that to get in a F250 and jack it up, yank the diesel emissions crap, but it's just not practical right now.

The X5 was the practical choice for me, at high 20's mpg per tank of diesel. But I do miss having a truck bed, that's for sure. I should be ok for a couple years with the X5. But the next vehicle I get will probably be a truck with a diesel not named Colorado. No chance in hell I'm buying a Nissan. Might be able to find a EcoD with enough miles on it that I can afford one in a few years. Or else I might just wait until this F150 thingy catches some steam and they work the kinks out. Time will tell...

On thing's for sure, I'm no Chevy fan.
    Last edited by willyworm; 05-11-2018 at 10:40 AM.

Chevy put the 6.5 TD in half tons back into the early 90s.
    Last edited by CurLee; 05-11-2018 at 11:28 AM.

I have a diesel, will probably drive it until it dies. With that said, if/when Toyota ever brings the Hilux to the US, I'll sell my Ford in a heartbeat and pick one up. I love those trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    Chevy put the 6.5 TD in half tons back into the early 90s.
    Yeah and is was a POS in whatever they put it in. I had a K2500 that had two sets of injectors and was about to need a third when I traded it at 50k miles. Damn thing wouldn’t pull a lawnmower trailer and was getting 9mpg and spewing soot everywhere. That was the last Chevy/GM product I owned. I’ve tried to like them again but just can’t do it.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 05-11-2018 at 02:16 PM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I haven't tried to like Chevy since they made a vain attempt at driving their business directly into the ground.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No beef , Ram has a eco-diesel and Chevy has a mini- duramax. Ford has nothing. Plain and simple, What’s your preference and what truck you drive?
    Hasn't Ford had diesels in Ranger trucks overseas for years?

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Hasn't Ford had diesels in Ranger trucks overseas for years?

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk
    Yes

I'm with HH on this one. The Hilux is a tank for what it is used for overseas. Let Toyota get off their ass and put that cummins in a tundra and ya'll can have that Ford vs Chevy bs. The market will sway to the japs in droves for a diesel Tundra.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2 View Post
    I'm with HH on this one. The Hilux is a tank for what it is used for overseas. Let Toyota get off their ass and put that cummins in a tundra and ya'll can have that Ford vs Chevy bs. The market will sway to the japs in droves for a diesel Tundra.

Not the one in the Titan. Toyota is doing the right thing staying clear.

I never have understood somebody’s desire to not only purchase but defend a vehicle company that has twice been bailed out by the government and at least partially sold itself to a foreign entity. Not that I have any issue with foreign vehicles, if I could get a diesel hilux right now, I’d be all over it.

HiLux or bust, I am starting to see quite a few of them out West, imported of course.

I owned a GMC, it was built in Mexico. The Tundra I have now was built in Texas. Ill never own another GM product. It was the biggest POS ive ever owned. The BADASS 1988 F150 i started driving was more reliable than it. The tundra is a tank and makes the GMC look like a snail. Everytime i turned around the GM had a sensor or some BS going out in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Yeah and is was a POS in whatever they put it in. I had a K2500 that had two sets of injectors and was about to need a third when I traded it at 50k miles. Damn thing wouldn’t pull a lawnmower trailer and was getting 9mpg and spewing soot everywhere. That was the last Chevy/GM product I owned. I’ve tried to like them again but just can’t do it.
    Mine got 21mpg empty. Never put injectors in it and I doubt yours ever needed them. Edit: I guarantee yours never needed them.

But if it did, you could replace all 8 for the price of one injector for a Duramax/Cummins/Powerstroke.

Unfortunately, they had some simple reliability issues that GM could never figure out. I could buy one today and drop a grand in it and have a truck that's more reliable and equal in power to a stock Dmax.
    Last edited by CurLee; 05-11-2018 at 05:06 PM.