Thread: GM Condenser fail- 2015 Suburban

Default GM Condenser fail- 2015 Suburban

https://gm.oemdtc.com/8154/17336-02-...-chevrolet-gmc

So my wife's 2015 Suburban has been having some A/C issues recently. Good thing we realized it before the summer really got here.

Took it in to a trusted guy here in town, found a leak, repaired leak, topped of with freon. Done, or so we thought.

Nope. Couple weeks later, it was blowing but again it wasn't cold. Took it back in, troubleshot to faulty condenser. Apparently this is a massive issue with many GM models on the road. They kindly extended the warranties on these faulty condensers and luckily my wife's car fell just inside the 60k mile deadline. So now we have to go back to GM for reimbursement. Hopefully they pay. We shall see.

So if anyone has any of the models listed might wanna keep a close eye on the A/C. Supposedly there's also a class action suit out there against em regarding the debacle.
    Last edited by willyworm; 05-08-2018 at 06:12 PM. Reason: typo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Replaced wife’s last month out of warranty. Her brothers wife’s went out the same week.

2014-2015 Suv/truck platform
    More fuel = more boost!!

Default GM Condenser fail- 2015 Suburban

My boss just took his wife’s 2015 Suburban (purchased new in 2016) to the dealership today for this. They only have 25k miles on it. Dealership told him it was faulty condenser and replaced it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Johnny Reb; 05-08-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Yep 2015 Tahoe. And denali

My wife’s 2015 Tahoe did the same thing. First time we took it in it was the condenser coil, about 2 weeks later the compressor failed, about a month after that, the compressor failed again. All of this was paid out of our pocket, with the exception of the 2nd compressor that was covered, and the nice people at Chevrolet sent us a reimbursement check for a whopping $600 and some change.
    Last edited by jevans; 05-08-2018 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Reb View Post
    My boss just took his wife’s 2015 Suburban (purchased new in 2016) to the dealership today for this. They only have 25k miles on it. Dealership told him it was faulty condenser and replaced it.
    Quote Originally Posted by usrgce View Post
    Yep 2015 Tahoe. And denali

Both under warranty?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

At first the local dealership we purchased it from used told us it would not be covered. Brainiacs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We’ve got a 16 Tahoe. Good so far. Probably break down tomorrow though.
    Go Tigers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    At first the local dealership we purchased it from used told us it would not be covered. Brainiacs.
    I talked to several different people at Chevrolet when we went through this. It started on my wife’s around March of last year. Her Tahoe had just over 36,000 miles. I can’t remember exactly what it was, but it hadn’t rolled over to 37000 yet. Chevrolet wouldn’t do anything for us. Kept telling me there was no known issues. Even though I had read all over the internet of people having problems. I offered to send them link after link after link of people having these problems but I couldn’t get any help. The place that fixed it told us to keep the receipts that there would be probably be some sort of recall. We got a letter in the mail sometime last fall from Chevrolet which stated they had extended the warranties on the a/c units up to 60000 miles. If we had problems already and paid to send them the receipts and they would review the situation and reimburse us. We sent them like $2200 worth of receipts and like I said earlier got back $600 and some change. I told my wife not to deposit the check until we saw what happened with it. We ended up trading the Tahoe last fall anyhow and as far as I know we still got the little piece of check they sent

Out of curiosity what did you trade it on?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2018 Acadia. I’m not mad at GM, I love their trucks and vehicles my wife has had. The main reason we traded in the Tahoe was because my wife wanted something smaller. Now she wants something bigger, so I don’t know. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Duckkiller View Post
    We’ve got a 16 Tahoe. Good so far. Probably break down tomorrow though.
    Nah, you’re fine.

This A/C issue with the condenser is a supplier problem. Unfortunately GM uses that supplier. Believe it or not aftermarket condensers are better than the factory ones.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    ...This A/C issue with the condenser is a supplier problem. Unfortunately GM uses that supplier. Believe it or not aftermarket condensers are better than the factory ones.
    Isn't that what happens when gov't motors opts for the cheapest vendor?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2014 Silverado and mine is getting replaced next week, also multiple buddies all with this exact issue

2014 Sierra with 67000 miles going in tomorrow

Dang man this sucks. I have a 2016 2500. Hope mine doesn’t go out

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Both under warranty?
    The dealership is a client of ours and owners are friends. Not sure if it was warranty replacement or not, but I do know the only exchange was a handshake after repair was finished.
    Last edited by Johnny Reb; 05-09-2018 at 09:40 AM.

Mine was not under warranty brother in laws was.Neither was the gas line that was leaking. Luckily the leaking oil pan was under warranty. POS.
    Last edited by usrgce; 05-09-2018 at 01:32 PM.

I finally got the wife starting to look at Ford's. MAGA.

Damn a Govt Motors vehicle.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]