Thread: 3 point Quick Hitch for 50HP tractor

Default 3 point Quick Hitch for 50HP tractor

Anyone have any recommendations on a good 3 point quick hitch (Cat 1) for a 50hp tractor?

Can they truly hold a implement "tight" without a lot of play, or the pins jumping out?

Prices seem too good to be true....if I can eliminate the hassle of jumping on and off my tractor to beat my implements on with a sledge in the 100 degree heat for less than $200 I'll be impressed.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BGFXND7...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    https://www.amazon.com/3-Point-Categ...tch+category+1
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KJVB864...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    Last edited by welltaut; 05-08-2018 at 01:55 PM.

I looked at them for my tractor but some of my implements have different heights to the top link that can't be adjusted. The two implements that I use the most, the mower and disc harrow, can't be adjusted to the same heights.

I use the Pat's Easy change setup.

https://www.amazon.com/Category-Pats.../dp/B00U00AUNW

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Reb View Post
    I'm about to go with a set of Pat's QD's also, but this place has a little better deal IF you are going to order additional bent washers... $4 (Agri Supply) vs $11 (Amazon).

https://www.agrisupply.com/cart.aspx

Either way this model seems to far surpass many of the other options if you want a floating top connection.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

What's the purpose of the additional washers? When I look at this product it keeps telling me to buy more lynch pin washers.

I bought mine from AgriSupply also....just put the Amazon link so you could read the reviews.

The lynch pens go thru the bent washers and are used as a "stop" to keep the hitch from sliding off of the connection. I thought I would only need the bent washers that came with it but it would be nice to have a set for each implement, otherwise you are pulling off the lynch pens and bent washers to move to the implement you want to hook up.

You can see how they are used in the photo.

For what its worth...I do not think the stabilizer bar (shown above) is necessary. Mine bent and broke from the drive shaft on the bush hog. Some of my attachments are different widths so I ended up taking a couple pieces of threaded rod and bending the ends based on the length needed for each implement. That way if i'm using my disc, I get my disc stablizer rod, put it in place then back up to disc, lift up, hook top link and drive off.
    Last edited by Johnny Reb; 05-09-2018 at 09:47 AM.

Got it. Thanks for the info Sir, good reviews out there on Pat's QD system.

For what its worth...I do not think the stabilizer bar (shown above) is necessary. Mine bent and broke from the drive shaft on the bush hog. Some of my attachments are different widths so I ended up taking a couple pieces of threaded rod and bending the ends based on the length needed for each implement. That way if i'm using my disc, I get my disc stablizer rod, put it in place then back up to disc, lift up, hook top link and drive off.
    Thanks for the great pics.

I was wondering about the stabilizer bar. Some reviews claim it's needed while others say it's not. I like your idea of just bending some rod to the various lengths needed, but do you really need threaded rod since it appears that the rod is just slipped into the hole on the inside of the QD? What am I missing?

Northerntool sells the QD's without the stabilizer rod for $179.99, and usually send out a $20 discount coupon on a $100 purchse (in store only), but I haven't checked to see if they offer the washers and at what price.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

labluvr raved about them years ago. My dad was getting "up in age" and said he would try it. He did.

Its now sitting behind the barn somewhere.

It could work if you had two implements and they fit well. if not, its just another pain in the ass to deal with when your lazy ass could've had the other implement hooked up and been on your way....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

You are not missing anything....It does not need to be threaded rod. It was just scrap material that I already had on hand.

Two tractors makes all of that easier.

I’d see value if the implements have the same width between the pickup points. Other than that I agree with Toofer.

Keep your tractors arms and top link unbent and well greased and unhook ur crap on level ground

Toys are for children.

You still got to get off tractor for whatever your hooking. You got to adjust top link every time. The quick part of a quick hitch isn’t really that quick , except for a big tractor.