Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cell Phone

Default Cell Phone

Looking for phone recommendations..... Needs to be a smart phone or at least have the ability to access email, weather apps, and various other apps. Will not be using it for games. Needs to be able to handle a decent amount of water and water ever else I can throw at it as well as a decent battery life.... Thanks for any help fellas!
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Samsung Galaxy S9+

End of thread.

(Active version to be released "soon" whatever that means.)

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

iPhoneX in a lifeproof case

Or buy a Samsung if you want to cuss a lot because it won't open email attachments.....

You sound like me. $200 iPhone 6 in a otterbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

think i have an apple 1 (whatever the original was) in a drawer....worked just fine when i upgraded...you can have it if i can find it

Galaxy’s suck. Charging ports crap out after about 3 months, then if you’re lucky enough to get it to charge it’ll keep that charge for like an hour max
    Last edited by jevans; 05-08-2018 at 10:56 AM.

sonim xp5s

Was thinking along these lines maybe. Just need to know if it can open emails check weather and that sort of stuff. Been through about 4 or 5 phones in the past 2 years and all have been used when i bought them or when my wife upgraded so I am thinking about time for something durable......
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

I abuse the crap out of my phone. Went away from buying a new phone. I decided to buy a couple year old iPhone in good condition for $150, with the mindset that I would just buy another if I destroyed it and would still be way ahead. I've had it for almost 2 years. I have the big otter box, and it has not been out of it since I bought it. Have dropped it in the drink once, and been in absolute down pours. It's never been taken out of the case. Just keeps working. I'm sure there are better cases, I have no clue about others. The otter box has worked fine for me.

Iphone X

I've had mine since they came out, it made it through hunting season, it's been dropped a couple of times, and it is in a leather case that isn't waterproof at all. Knock on wood, no issues at all, or broken screens.

Quote Originally Posted by ersepton View Post
    I abuse the crap out of my phone. Went away from buying a new phone. I decided to buy a couple year old iPhone in good condition for $150, with the mindset that I would just buy another if I destroyed it and would still be way ahead. I've had it for almost 2 years. I have the big otter box, and it has not been out of it since I bought it. Have dropped it in the drink once, and been in absolute down pours. It's never been taken out of the case. Just keeps working. I'm sure there are better cases, I have no clue about others. The otter box has worked fine for me.
    All of mine have been iphones and all in otter box. All cracked screens and somehow end up submerged in water. Most recent iphone was in a case when it was cracked and was in a case when it got wet. Have had life proof case as well on one and it was not so life proof............
    Last edited by darealdeal; 05-08-2018 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Iphone X

I've had mine since they came out, it made it through hunting season, it's been dropped a couple of times, and it is in a leather case that isn't waterproof at all. Knock on wood, no issues at all, or broken screens.
    Yeah I am going to go be poor some place else...... need to mention and been on a pre paid plan since high school and my wife has a cell phone with her company soooooo would most likely will buying the phone out right and not just paying 30 dollars a month.................
    Last edited by darealdeal; 05-08-2018 at 11:07 AM.

I am currently on an iPhone 6s. Work good for me while hunting, fishing and planting. Whatever you get, get a lifeproof or otterbox case.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

iPhone X in an otter box. Punch the shitty screen protector out of the otter box and put a Zagg shield on it. It will crack before the screen. Best of both worlds.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 05-08-2018 at 11:14 AM.

I took pictures with my iPhone 8 while snorkeling and it was fine. It wasn't in a case.

Iphone X in a lifeproof case. Had a coolant line at work blow out all over it this morning. Using it now.

Do the lifeproof cases not distort your calls when you're talking to someone? I have one on my iphone, and no one can hear me. I have just about stopped talking on it except when I'm in the truck connected to Bluetooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    Do the lifeproof cases not distort your calls when you're talking to someone? I have one on my iphone, and no one can hear me. I have just about stopped talking on it except when I'm in the truck connected to Bluetooth.
    Had to open that charging port of the case when I had one on an iphone 5

I use an otterbox. Mine has laid in the soupy mud while duck hunting and been ran over by the disk harrow.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Had to open that charging port of the case when I had one on an iphone 5
    Yeah, I've tried that, and it only got marginally better. I think my beard brushing up against the case might have something to do with it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    Yeah, I've tried that, and it only got marginally better. I think my beard brushing up against the case might have something to do with it as well.
    haha to much of a man for the phone

anyone have this
    Kyocera DuraForce PRO