Thread: Zzzzziiiiippppp

Default Zzzzziiiiippppp

Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Nice shot, RH, as usual.

One of my favorite sounds in the world. As a kid, I lived to get 5 or 6 of them freight training in a line through the swamp coming to that little noise. Get them all lined up and give them a barrel of copper coated 6's...

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

They are awesome little ducks. We see them so much here that we tend to lose our appreciation for them. But I would bet every one of us true duck hunters cut our teeth on woodies. They are the go-to for taking youngsters duck hunting. Their beauty is unmatched in waterfowl too. But again...they are so common here we often lose our "eye" for their beauty.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I’ve got a buddy from Corpus Christi coming here at Thanksgiving, bringing his son and his dad, they want to hunt Wood Ducks and experience a rail hunt at high tide. We often tend to take Wood Ducks for granted, but they are a special bird.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    One of my favorite sounds in the world. As a kid, I lived to get 5 or 6 of them freight training in a line through the swamp coming to that little noise. Get them all lined up and give them a barrel of copper coated 6's...
    Yep - my first 5-duck limit was October wood ducks during the short-lived early season back in the mid-1980s.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    They are awesome little ducks. We see them so much here that we tend to lose our appreciation for them. But I would bet every one of us true duck hunters cut our teeth on woodies. They are the go-to for taking youngsters duck hunting. Their beauty is unmatched in waterfowl too. But again...they are so common here we often lose our "eye" for their beauty.
    Well said.

GREAT SHOT!

Being born "up North" I was raised on mallards, teal and a copious amount of divers. (10 pt / bird back then) What few wood ducks we had left by the first frost (or snow) in late September so we never shot them. I fell in love with wood ducks when I moved South 34 years ago. They are a unique little duck and I love taking care of nesting boxes and helping to put 'em back in the wild for others to enjoy. (as well as kill and eat!)
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

After being up north the past 5 years and only occasionally seeing a wood duck. I'm pumped to be hunting them again come this fall.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Great Pic.
    Poverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another"

Great pic, thanks for posting
    Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    A man learns a lot about himself in a thicket with a big hog. That dog already knows all he needs to know about himself.

My second favorite duck
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.