Thread: BMW 335D

Default BMW 335D

The D stands for diesel. I worked for BMW for 20 years and I can honestly say I’m impressed with their diesels. But I like diesels for more than one reason. This is one that we had to “de-soot”. I think she ended up spending about 1500.00. You can thank the EPA and emissions for this. Clogged intake swirl ports to the valves.

All cleaned up...

Last edited by KRT; 04-30-2018 at 08:02 PM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

If they had had a diesel back when I was shopping, I would have jumped on it. But bought the Benz with a diesel instead.

You back at work? My wife miss not seeing you last week.

Quote Originally Posted by mudnut1970 View Post
    You back at work? My wife miss not seeing you last week.
    I hate I missed her. She’s always so pleasant. I went in today and caught up on backed up paperwork. I’ll be back tomorrow.

Steelin, the Benz bluetec diesel is pretty stout as well.
    More fuel = more boost!!

You to get off them turkeys and come catch some fish.

Quote Originally Posted by mudnut1970 View Post
    You to get off them turkeys and come catch some fish.
    I have Kansas to go and I’ll be ready.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Dear baby Jesus I hope my 3.0's guts don't look like that. Hopefully mine will be in your shop soon getting all that junk ripped off.

Got the swirl valve and EGR delete kits, straight pipe exhaust, just gotta get the cash for the tune and I'm ready to have her gutted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Willy you got an Ecodiesel by chance? Thats what I have with around 70K on there now. EGR delete is in my future, but have not thought past that. Have you noticed a jump in power/responsiveness/fuel economy with what you did? Also who did the swirl valve and exhaust?

KRT where is your shop located? And do you have any experience with a DEF delete/removal and what willyworm did?

We are in Lexington off US 1 near I-20. We just did a full delete on a 2015 Ecodiesel. Cust went with a 20hp tune and a full delete. He loves it.

Yeah I’ve worked on a few BMW’s as well.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by saltedbutter View Post
    Willy you got an Ecodiesel by chance? Thats what I have with around 70K on there now. EGR delete is in my future, but have not thought past that. Have you noticed a jump in power/responsiveness/fuel economy with what you did? Also who did the swirl valve and exhaust?

KRT where is your shop located? And do you have any experience with a DEF delete/removal and what willyworm did?
    He hasn't done mine yet. Got all the hardware, just gotta address the software. You yank all those components the vehicle won't run cause the computer will go nuts. Gotta dummy out all the sensors, change the operating parameters and such. Tune takes care of all that.

I wish I had an eco-diesel. I really miss having a truck bed. When I was in the market for a new-to-me ride at the end of last summer the used eco-diesels were out of my budget. One thing I had my mind made up on was that I was going back with a diesel. But a 3/4 ton truck was way overkill for my need. For a few years my commuter was a VW Jetta TDI with 1.9L diesel. Great little engine.

So first choice was Ram 1500, second was 2011-2013 Audi Q7, but their 3.0L diesel powerplant was caught up in that VW Dieselgate scandal so they were basically outlawed and were being bought back by VW as part of their settlement with the EPA. So you couldn't find one used older than 2014 or less than ~$25k... Once again, out of my budget.

Ended up settling on a 2011 BMW X5 35d. Spent about $17k. Was trying to stay under 15k, but it was the exact vehicle I wanted and was a local trade from Columbia. It's a well made vehicle. Should be turning 100k in a couple months. Once I can squirrel away $1000 to pay for the tune that addresses the EGR/SCR/DPF delete it'll be in Kevin's shop. Hopefully I'm a month or so out from that.

JR Performance does the tune I'm going for. Stats claim it'll add 73hp and 117fl/lb of torque plus 20% better fuel economy. And I believe every word.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 05-09-2018 at 08:12 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    ...the Benz bluetec diesel is pretty stout as well.
    How did that Bluetec tune go Kev?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    I think she ended up spending about 1500.00. You can thank the EPA and emissions for this.
    This is still a drop in the bucket on what she'll spend once that DPF gets saturated and needs to be changed out. Screw the EPA and their hard on for diesel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]