Page 52 of 133 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2648

Thread: Atlanta Braves

Should’ve put in Melancon to start the 9th rather than make it a nail biter
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Yeah Tomlin doesn’t have any business pitching there. I will still take a W. 2-0 Braves.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

That made me pucker. I fear they screwed around and let the Dodgers get some mojo back and confidence is not what that lineup needs, especially knowing you have a game 4 or 5 to be a pitch by committee day coming.

Quote Originally Posted by redhead25 View Post
    That made me pucker. I fear they screwed around and let the Dodgers get some mojo back and confidence is not what that lineup needs, especially knowing you have a game 4 or 5 to be a pitch by committee day coming.
    Yep- Bravos could have used a shut out win to help demoralize the west coast - instead- they hand them hope and momentum with a near win.

Yea put melancon in there to start the inning and take the win. Got very lucky tonight. Hopefully freeman being hit on the elbow won’t affect his swing the rest of the series but I think it might. He was on his way to NLCS mvp, hope he’s alright!

At the end of the game , the Dodgers showed how tough a team they can be. Gritty. The next two games will be battles too.. yall get yer rally caps on. If we win tonight, it will probably mean Fried in game 4.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    At the end of the game , the Dodgers showed how tough a team they can be. Gritty. The next two games will be battles too.. yall get yer rally caps on. If we win tonight, it will probably mean Fried in game 4.
    I get going for the jugular if Braves win tonight and playing Fried in Game 4. I wouldn't mind seeing him sit out an extra day and just see if they can get it done. If so he's got extra rest for the WS. I would say that if the Braves win tonight then there's no way they lose the series but it is the Braves who almost blew a 7 run lead after the 7th last night so.......

Quote Originally Posted by redhead25 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Yep- Bravos could have used a shut out win to help demoralize the west coast - instead- they hand them hope and momentum with a near win.
    The series is still 2-0. Their are no moral victories in baseball. That dodger lineup have been the best in baseball all year. They know what they are capable of and don't lack any confidence, the braves pitching has just had the upper hand thus far.

I get why Melancon sat down after the homerun by Albies. You have a 5 run lead, don't run him out there and give them even more opportunities to see him pitch when you got that much cushion. Although, it should have been Shane Greene out there instead of Tomlin.

Teams are 28-3 in advancing to the WS after winning games 1 and 2

28-3

28 and fucking 3

this is a horrible sign for anyone that likes sports in GA
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

I'm not complaining what so ever, but it's hard not to wonder how much better they would be with a healthy Soroka and Hamels.

En Englais por favor..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I'm not complaining what so ever, but it's hard not to wonder how much better they would be with a healthy Soroka and Hamels.
    Hamels?? He knew he wasn't going to pitch for the Braves. He took his $18MM and rolled on. Eff that guy.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

i dont baseball bc its not really a sport.....
    but how hard is it to pitch a ball 25 times really fast? I get these are "major league arms" but I never understand the "needs rest" argument in a reliever.

I also dont understand why they make it look so hard to throw the ball from the outfield TO THE CATCHER to get someone out. You do this for a living! Why do you throw it 15 feet up the third base line? Are you too busy spitting chew or checking your package? readjusting your batting glove 100 times or making sure your necklaceS are sitting right? Maybe we could spend time throwing a ball a lot until you get really good at it. For chrissakes a golfer could hit a wedge within 5 feet most every time....and talk about a game that isnt even CLOSE to a sport....

oh and go braves.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Start a soccer thread then.

They won.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    En Englais por favor..

It was 7-3 and you entire bullpen had given up 1 ER in a month......you don’t bring your closer in to start the 9th in a 7 day, 7 game series in a stadium with a roof.

Beisbol is the greatest sport in history and will be forevermore. Sorry you're blinded by the soccers, 2th.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

but if a dude who throws the ball 20 times needs three days rest, its silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Start a soccer thread then.
    but you heathens wouldnt understand nil-nil

Who's resting 3 days on 20 pitches? Relievers go day after day.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....