Page 9 of 133 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta Braves

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    July was rough. August has started off nice.

If you aren’t watching the games just to watch Acuna at the moment, you are missing out.
    Yeah July realky sucked for the braves. Was just talking to a Mariner fan. He was excited. I felt bad for him. They have a better record than the Braves and are in third.

But it all comes down to October at this point.

braves are still a few games behind others (in terms of games played).

acuna hit leadoff homers in both games. 4th time in the history of the majors....or something like that.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Touki looked good yesterday too. Granted it was a quad-A Marlins lineup, but still.

With all this young talent around, the Braves should be good for a long, long time.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Until the management starts trading them off... the era of keeping a team together in Atlanta is over.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

have some faith nitro! I will say I don't have much confidence in Liberty Media putting money in the team to acquire any proven veterans. If Braves are to win it's gonna be from homegrown talent. Thankfully they're full of it for the foreseeable future.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Acuna has struck again. 5x. They are fun to watch.

The ball comes off his bat soooooo hard
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

acuna has five in a row now? 19yrs old? doesnt seem to know or care that he is special?

gotta like that attitude. I hope he doesnt disappoint us all later....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Yep, 5 in a row. He hit 2 last night.

The team has a great energy right now. Everyone is enjoying the game and the bats are hot. Freeman has gotten a hit 15 out of 16 games and also has 20 homeruns now. Markakis keeps doing what he's done all season and Camargo has been great in the 5 spot.

I'm excited to see what Gausman does tonight. His last outing was great. Hopefully he can build off of that and keep it up.

Dansby continues to go 1-4 each game, but his one hit is always in the late innings, with runners on, with two outs.

He doesn't have a great average, but the team would not be in first without several clutch hits by him late in the games.

I hate to say it though but Dansby is the weak link on the team. I like him a lot but the Braves are going to have to get an infielder with a bat on that side of the infield. I think Camargo will be fine and him being a switch hitter with a little pop can carry him. The Braves have some money to spend this offseason and honestly need to get a bigger bat. Nick's contract is up this year to I believe and he has to be resigned. His bat and veteran leadership on the team is huge. The Braves are one bat and a pitcher or 2 away from being something special. Still this young talent is a lot of fun to watch every night. It is like watching a college game in the pros with how they have fun.

Dansby's glove is what keeps him there. He is top 5ish for defensive shortstops. Look at the metrics. I will take a 240 average and a great glove for 500k.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    Dansby's glove is what keeps him there. He is top 5ish for defensive shortstops. Look at the metrics. I will take a 240 average and a great glove for 500k.
    And all God's children said, "Amen".
    I had an ant farm once......them fellas didn't grow shit.

I agree totally. I said the same thing you are saying when they traded Simmons to the Angels. Even if Dansby could get the average up to around .260 or so it would be better. I just feel like there are some names out there that offer a glove and a bat. At least make a run at them in the offseason. I'm not bashing Dansby at all but the Braves need another bat in the lineup with some pop. He is the weakest bat in the starting line up is all I'm saying.

Y'all catch this little gem from the postgame yesterday?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Haha
    I had an ant farm once......them fellas didn't grow shit.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    Even if Dansby could get the average up to around .260 or so it would be better..
    Well no shit.. .260 is better than .240

Dude wiped out hard. Classic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I saw that last night and damn near spit my Natural Light out. He took it like a champ and walked it off

Well the lead off HR streak is over and the Marlins pitcher thrown out after one pitch.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk