Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Onion Juice, Pennies, and 25+ Days of Grit and Determination on a Craigslist Lease

Great season by the way. Congrats
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

I guess I should add a little info on the averages thing. I hunted my boy two years with a non TSS .410. Had 7 toms inside 30 yards the first year but not inside the imposed 20 yard max range. Also hunted a pile of years with an old man that is completely deaf in one ear, nearly deaf in the other and very likely to look left when you whisper in his good ear "shift your gun to the right". Also including wife and daughter who think you must have a tom standing with full body completely visible and 20 yards or closer before shooting. Beyond that, well some years it's just plain bad luck.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    Also hunted a pile of years with an old man that is completely deaf in one ear, nearly deaf in the other and very likely to look left when you whisper in his good ear "shift your gun to the right".
    So you have been hunting with my old man? Thank you!
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Good thing about him being nearly deaf, he don't hear me muttering and cussing a blue streak when they make us, putt and run off.

Lots of justifying excuses going on here
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    Also hunted a pile of years with an old man that is completely deaf in one ear, nearly deaf in the other and very likely to look left when you whisper in his good ear "shift your gun to the right".
    Sounds like my dad, you should have seen us when I was 10 or 11 and neither of us had ever turkey hunted before. It was before we new how bad my vision was so only I could hear the birds and only he could see them until they got within 50 yards or so. It was entertaining to say the least.

Good killing!
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    So you have been hunting with my old man? Thank you!
    Same thoughts

Good Lord at the excuses!

Just say you fucked up and move on.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Yup
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

No excuses. Got whooped again this morning. I killed two early, sat on a tag for two weeks for a low country trip then saw 5 more die along with 2 misses and some close encounters. Good season considering that birds were thin up here.
    Last edited by Spur hunter; 05-05-2018 at 03:24 PM.

Spur Hunter no offense but let's get this thread back on track. PJ killed a bunch of field turkeys over decoys and now is posing as a turkey pro as if we forgot the the onion juice, pennies, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post
    Spur Hunter no offense but let's get this thread back on track. PJ killed a bunch of field turkeys over decoys and now is posing as a turkey pro as if we forgot the the onion juice, pennies, etc...
    Butt hurt buddy? Haha by the way, no decoys used. Don’t like them and don’t believe in them.

Better than my season!
    Congratulations on a solid spring.

Looks like a great season to me.

good season for sure! congrats. and prayers sent for your nephew. cancer sucks, and even more when a kid has it.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    good season for sure! congrats. and prayers sent for your nephew. cancer sucks, and even more when a kid has it.
    Thanks man, I appreciate. You’re right, cancer sucks. Especially watching my 3 year old nephew go through it. He was the happiest I’ve seen him in the last 6 months. It made my season
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yea, that’s downright awesome there.....prayers for the young man and all involved!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    Yea, that’s downright awesome there.....prayers for the young man and all involved!
    Thanks Ricky. I appreciate it

None taken BRR. Sorry for the derail PJ and prayers for your nephew. Great picture by the way.