Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Onion Juice, Pennies, and 25+ Days of Grit and Determination on a Craigslist Lease

Default Onion Juice, Pennies, and 25+ Days of Grit and Determination on a Craigslist Lease

Attachment 35514

I haven’t been on here in a year so I figured I’d give you my version of The Fag Club’s year in review. It was a good year that saw 12 birds die, 5 misses and a total of 29 longbeards called into gun range. 8 birds were dead by March 31st including me being tagged out. I punched a tag the first two days of the season and again on March 30th. Five died combined the 20th and 21st. The the best spur bird came from the Wateree swamp in Richland county on a bird my buddy shot, 1 7/16 inch spurs. The best beard was a double my buddy shot on March 21st at 55 yards with one shot, double bearded bird but I can’t remember the measurements because all the birds are running together. That hunt we had nine longbeards in the field at once. It was windy and cold and the birds were in feed mode. We were able to coax 2 just into range and he made a great shot. My best hunt over all came with my little brother. He’s never hunted turkeys before and wanted to go. He’s been going through a lot because his 3 year old son is battling cancer and he was able to put aside one Saturday between hospital visits and chemo. It took 4 birds in 3 set ups before 8:30 including one miss but we made it happen (biggest picture in the middle). It may have been one of my best hunts of my life and for sure one of my proudest moments of turkey hunting career. It’s been a long season that started on the youth day opener with a tag punched the first 20 minutes and ended yesterday. I hunted 25+ times and heard birds all but once including a gobble fest yesterday. The future looks bright that’s for sure. Over all it was a great season that spanned Richland, Calhoun, Orangeburg, and Bamberg counties. I couldn’t have done it without that sound advice of onion juice, pennies and of course that Craigslist lease. Until next year.... peace out.... I’m tired now
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PJ1012; 05-03-2018 at 11:31 AM.

Had no idea that the Dufner turkey hunted. Nice and congrats

So what you are saying is that your success rate went down dramatically during the April portion of the season when Turkeys are really Turkeying therefore, you had a mediocre yet successful turkey season that you needed to tell us about so you would feel better about the whole onion juice and pennies deal......ok got it.

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post
    So what you are saying is that your success rate went down dramatically during the April portion of the season when Turkeys are really Turkeying therefore, you had a mediocre yet successful turkey season that you needed to tell us about so you would feel better about the whole onion juice and pennies deal......ok got it.
    bwahahahahahahaahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahah ahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahah
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Did any of these birds have colorful names??
    What is your decoy's name??

Congrats.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

I am happy the following care package helped you along you way to internet stardom.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Nope half of the 29 were called in April. I can’t put the bead on the head for them once my tags are all punched. Also my days in the field dropped as the season went on as bird limits on each tract of land were met

Hey I gave props to you in the title. What else can I do haha

So you are head of a club called The Fag Club, whose year this a review of???...Okay cool, i guess. To each his own. Thanks for sharing all your accomplishments. Maybe change the name to the Puffy Fag Club though. That way you can call it PFC. Would be cooler.

And CCLeroy,

For 2019 season, keep your mask on in pictures. You know.... For everyone else's sake

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    Nope half of the 29 were called in April. I can’t put the bead on the head for them once my tags are all punched. Also my days in the field dropped as the season went on as bird limits on each tract of land were met
    So you are saying if a group of 5 birds walked in together that you counted each of the 5 as as a bird called in?
    If not, what happend with the other 12 birds?
    Last edited by BRR; 05-03-2018 at 12:03 PM.

You're a different kind of special aren't ya....

BRR is so concerned with the math..(nerd alert)

Hell of a good season!

Fine job!

What about Dildo?
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Sadly he didn't choke on it
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Ccleroy has made me spit tobacco all over my dash...thanks Ricky
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by b.t.guardian07 View Post
    For 2019 season, keep your mask on in pictures. You know.... For everyone else's sake
    ^^^THIS^^^ Please.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

is the 1 7/16ths the one in the bottom right of the collage?

just wondering....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.