Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: California Serial Killer

Default California Serial Killer

Police used Ancestry DNA site to locate suspect.

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world...ect/ar-AAwp93m

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have been following this for years.
    The cat had his shit together when committing these crimes for 30 odd years.
    That was pretty smart how they caught his old ass!

I never understood why someone would willingly give their DNA to a company or government.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    I never understood why someone would willingly give their DNA to a company or government.
    He didn't. Someone in his family did. They wanted Ancestry questions answered. The search narrowed the pool down to a 1000 people.

There will be legal issues to be settled in the courts.

Last edited by Catdaddy; 04-30-2018 at 06:38 AM.

Luckily I’m not a serial killer. My dumbass relatives have probably mailed in pints of their blood with their full names, social security numbers and mother’s maiden names written on the outside of the envelope.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    He didn't. Someone in his family did. They wanted Ancestry questions answered. The search narrowed the pool down to a 1000 people.

The point of my comment still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post

I'm 100% if favor of him frying in the electric chair because someone in his family have DNA. I give two fuks less how he got caught.
    Last edited by JayhawkLee; 04-30-2018 at 08:17 AM.
    R.I.P SFC Spencer Kohlheim.
    Suicide is never a good thing but I understand.
    Thank you for your service to our nation.

Quote Originally Posted by JayhawkLee View Post
    I'm 100% if favor of him frying in the electric chair because someone in his family have DNA. I give two fuks less how he got caught.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

today they caught a serial killer. Tomorrow you might be the target for your political beliefs.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

I am shocked. Shocked that they were still looking & shocked they had enough sense to ck those databases.

I am as glad he was caught as anyone else, but where does it stop?

Are you willing to give up your freedom and privacy so the government can track down someone that you have never met, and are not related to?

Think about how many individuals the government now has DNA on, that they never got permission from.

I am pretty sure there is a violation of the 4th ammendment in this case.

I know that our judicial system isn't perfect, but it is as good or better than any other country out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    today they caught a serial killer. Tomorrow you might be the target for your political beliefs.

Yep.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Loosen the tinfoil hats boys. It's not like anyone was forced to give any DNA. Worried about them tracking you down for your political beliefs via your family's DNA but you willingly gave your finger prints for a CWP. Yea that makes sense
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

They can have my DNA and my fingerprints. I am not doing anything wrong and have nothing to hide. If my son, or my grandson, or my great grandson is a serial killer and is caught because they have my DNA, they need to be caught anyway. I don't always think our government or our judicial system is perfect, but I do have confidence that for the most part, it is going to work like it is supposed to for people who are doing the right things. And if they decide that they are going to target you and come after you, they won't need your DNA to do that.

I am guessing that most people who are afraid for the government to have their DNA are probably just afraid that all of the additional child support payments that they will be hit will run them into bankruptcy.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    They can have my DNA and my fingerprints. I am not doing anything wrong and have nothing to hide.
    So, if a cop walks up to your front door and asks if he can search your house, you'll say yes? Since you don't have anything to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    They can have my DNA and my fingerprints. I am not doing anything wrong and have nothing to hide.
    This article is almost 10 years old but is even more relevant today. How many additional laws have been passed since Oct 2009 vs how many were taken off the books?

https://thecrimereport.org/2009/10/0...u-break-today/

Here is one sentence The federal practice of prosecuting people under statutes that nobody could understand, for committing crimes that would puzzle even a sophisticated lawyer has another undesirable effect. “It actually poses opportunities for law enforcement to go after whomever they want,” Silverglate said.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

So, if a cop walks up to your front door and asks if he can search your house, you'll say yes? Since you don't have anything to hide.

Sure, if he tells me what he’s looking for and why.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowman View Post
    I'm with Arrowman. If they have a reason to search my house, and tell me why and what they are trying to find, I got no problem with it. I will help them do it. I am not breaking the law. I don't have any drugs in my house. I don't have any illegal weapons or items. I have not committed any crimes, nor has my wife or son. Would it be inconvenient? Sure. Would I want it happening every week on Tuesday and Friday? No. But would I cooperate if asked and treated with respect? Yes. Yes, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowman View Post
    What will you do when he tells you he's looking for a stolen elephant but then he start looking in cabinets and closets?

"Those who would give up Liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    "those who would give up liberty to purchase temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    benjamin franklin
    the truth that needs to be taught in our schools!