Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cooking Mountain Lion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Cooking Mountain Lion

This is one of the few meats in this country that I haven't had the good fortune of trying. I've hear it called "Rocky Mountain Chicken" and several other common names because it was said to be so good. The reason most people won't eat carnivore is because of biomagnification (which is why we are told box terrapin is inedible because they eat poison mushrooms) but some people eat wolf and other carnivores.

These guys cook up some lion backstrap. The video should start at 2:30 where they start prepping the meat. I have never seen the show they have but it seems it's more about the preparation and eating wild meat than it is hunting.

Can You Eat Mountain Lion?
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I'm more interested in that mushroom cream dill sauce. I wish he had spent more time on how he made it.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Duckman claims it is the best wild meat he ever had. I have had bobcat and it sucked. Then again it was cooked on a stick over a fire, so most anything would have.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Duckman claims it is the best wild meat he ever had. I have had bobcat and it sucked. Then again it was cooked on a stick over a fire, so most anything would have.
    No Italian dressing?
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

That brings back memories. I've eaten quite a few things cooked the same way. Including a neck roast from a deer, just sliced of the meat as it cooked. If you sliced to deep you'd get raw. Ate on that roast most of the night. It wasn't all that bad but it would have probably been a lot better if I hadn't used all pine wood.

I've heard its incredible.

"Living off the land" is another way of saying you had to eat yeller hammers at some point in your youth...

"Living off the land" is another way of saying you had to eat yeller hammers at some point in your youth...
    Damn were you me. I've ground checked and tried every songbird in South Carolina. Bluebirds taste like liver, robins are awesome. Wood Hens (pileated woodpeckers) are awesome and worth hunting. Meadow lark is stringy, black bird is tolerable (haven't tried starlings), rice birds are tasty.

I had to edit this to add: Never shot a mockingbird or cardinal. Those were a sin punishable by losing my gun for a month. The mocking bird also involved corporal punishment. Course I could handle an ass whipping, I couldn't handle the loss of my gun.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 04-27-2018 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    Wood Hens (pileated woodpeckers) are awesome and worth hunting.
    x2.
    mighty fine table fare

It taste like a litter box smells.

Again, for those in the back, not everything is food.

I’d rather eat chicken and only their embryos can be considered a food.

I'm not eating a f****** cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I'm not eating a f****** cat.
    Where's your sense of adventure?

What about a regular one?

There are a lot more delicious, less murder-y, types of food running around in the woods for me to harvest.

Do you use a tractor when you "harvest" these things running around in the woods?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Do you use a tractor when you "harvest" these things running around in the woods?
    I shot a buck off of a combine once. Does that qualify as harvesting?
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Epic

Mule Plow.png

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    That dude is plowing not “harvesting”
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    That dude is plowing not “harvesting”
    Early Harvesting.jpg