Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Would You?...

After hearing some rap songs recently, I think I wan't to be a rapper too. I definitely have the talent.

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    1. You don't have to be convicted of a crime to violate probation.

2. How did we make the correlation between the original article and welfare leeches?
    Because they're often one in the same. This dude came from the projects, dabbled in pharmaceutical sales, caught a few cases, and then became a rapper. It's the prototypical "hood American dream". For the media to lift this dude up like he's some kind of martyr or social justice warrior is 1) false, and 2) detrimental to anyone who seeks to follow the same "career path".

Seems like your beef should be with the media. Respectfully, what is the depth of your experience of being in the black community, the hood, and black youth across the country that has made you an expert? I don’t get it. Not too long ago, you were riled up by a comment about grape soda that you considered to be racist. Yet, you come off the rails on this thread about even worse stereotypes.

Does someone share your account?
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

No criminal should be glorified for his crimes and sup to be admired. However, former criminals who have paid their debt to society, gotten out of prison and become useful and productive citizens should be touted as an example to be applauded.

And just how many movies does Robin Hood have?

Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    Seems like your beef should be with the media. Respectfully, what is the depth of your experience of being in the black community, the hood, and black youth across the country that has made you an expert? I don’t get it. Not too long ago, you were riled up by a comment about grape soda that you considered to be racist. Yet, you come off the rails on this thread about even worse stereotypes.

Does someone share your account?
    Then that should be proof that I try and call it how I see it. Race shouldn't matter, but facts are facts, regardless. Tell me what I said that's not true, and we'll go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    And just how many movies does Robin Hood have?
    Counting that abortion Kevin Costnor was in?

Bryan Adams is a National Treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Then that should be proof that I try and call it how I see it. Race shouldn't matter, but facts are facts, regardless. Tell me what I said that's not true, and we'll go from there.
    As I asked in my previous post, where do you base your credibility as to how black people think and what they aspire to? Case in point, your comment about the hood American dream. I’m not sure how old you are, but it’s easy to see how many blacks have left the hood or never were in the hood. I don’t think that you’re a bad person and no where close to being a racist. All I’m trying to say is that your generalizations are pretty broad. Don’t get me wrong. I see some of them just like you. I’ve also seen the trailer park trash too and just chalk it all up to understanding that there will always be ignorant people in this world. Should I be all spun up because Honey Boo Boo’s family made millions?
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Bryan Adams is a National Treasure.
    Yeah but the only other thing they've ever had was hockey and even we beat them in that in the Olympics when we weren't supposed to.

I just read Wiki. He likes Peta also.. but at least he gave me a couple slow dances when I was younger.. that and Extreme's More Than Words..

I just read Wiki. He likes Peta also.. but at least he gave me a couple slow dances when I was younger.. that and Extreme's More Than Words..
    More Than Words...

Bruh...

That song is a harmonic tragedy.

You can call it whatever you want, but I have fond memories from the age of innocence.. and that's songs is in its soundtrack

It was a weird musical time.. I mean we were just getting over hair metal.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 04-25-2018 at 07:44 PM.

I know what you mean. When that song came.on, even at that age you knew it was on.

It was a weird musical time.. I mean we were just getting over hair metal.
    I totally understand. I have the full library of Def Leppard. I’m an eclectic intermediate musician. (At best)

In the spirit of full transparency, I had one of my best pieces while Milli Vanilli was playing.

Lol
    You could have blamed that on anything but the rain
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    Lol
    You could have blamed that on anything but the rain
    Well played sir, and THAT is what was playing.

:cybercheers:
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com