Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Would You?...

Default Why Would You?...

"rehabilitate" yourself when you can make millions of dollars peddling crap, committing crimes, and then being treated like some kinda hero when you're released from prison?:

http://people.com/music/meek-mill-re...ving-5-months/

Apparently, WE'RE the idiots for going to work everyday, NOT committing crimes, and then having to foot the bill for those who do. Unbelievable...

#thelastshallbefirstandthefirstshallbelast
    Last edited by Black Bart; 04-25-2018 at 08:19 AM.

I'm sure I will get flamed; but, as a taxpayer I don't want to pay to house someone who violated probation for popping a wheelie on a 4 wheeler for a hip hop video and getting into an altercation when both of those charges were dropped. He hasn't been found guilty of any crimes since being placed on probation. I don't think the punishment in Mill's probation case fit the behavior he displayed.

No idea who that is.

But I did look at the pictures. Is that NDBrown?

https://twitter.com/sixers/status/98...ng-5-months%2F

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    No idea who that is.

Nah, Nic woulda been rockin a TFC hat.....

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    I'm sure I will get flamed; but, as a taxpayer I don't want to pay to house someone who violated probation for popping a wheelie on a 4 wheeler for a hip hop video and getting into an altercation when both of those charges were dropped. He hasn't been found guilty of any crimes since being placed on probation. I don't think the punishment in Mill's probation case fit the behavior he displayed.
    I agree with not wanting to foot the bill, as well as the fact that he wasn't found guilty. Further proof, however, that our legal system is about MONEY, not race.

My issue is with the media doing live feeds of him leaving prison and hopping into a helicopter like he's someone of significance. And then him being hailed as a hero at a basketball game. Stuff like this glorifies actions that should be vilified. And you wonder why every young black kid wants to be a rapper or a trapper. Makes me sick.

No idea who that is.

Not me holmes. Never been to prison and I never been to PA.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    I agree with not wanting to foot the bill, as well as the fact that he wasn't found guilty. Further proof, however, that our legal system is about MONEY, not race.

My issue is with the media doing live feeds of him leaving prison and hopping into a helicopter like he's someone of significance. And then him being hailed as a hero at a basketball game. Stuff like this glorifies actions that should be vilified. And you wonder why every young black kid wants to be a rapper or a trapper. Makes me sick.
    Painting with a broad brush their cuz.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Quote Originally Posted by ndbrown213 View Post
    Painting with a broad brush their cuz.
    Agreed

If you're referring to the comment about every young black kid, then you're absolutely correct. I shouldn't have said every kid.

However, there's unquestionably an issue, particularly in the black community, where many kids see entertainment or sports as their only chance at success. That mentality has to change. And they have to know that it's not lame to make good grades and articulate their words clearly. And that black people kill FAR more black people than police. And that jewelry is for girls. And that "real men" take responsibility for their actions.

I totally agree, but in the same sense why do right be successful and live a good life and catch hell, when you can do nothing and get rewarded for it. I went to school with some friends who do nothing all day and get supported by the system. They are living the good life and the ones of us who work and try to live right catch hell.

Do you think they are really living the good life, and are happy? In my experience, these slackards are always miserable, wondering where their next handout is coming from, wondering who is going to take something from them, looking for something that they never really find. Always scheming and looking over their shoulder. I believe that I am truly a lot happier working my two jobs, doing what is right, and scraping by than any of them will ever be.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

You are correct JJ, they tend to live a very stress-free life style

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    Do you think they are really living the good life, and are happy? In my experience, these slackards are always miserable, wondering where their next handout is coming from, wondering who is going to take something from them, looking for something that they never really find. Always scheming and looking over their shoulder. I believe that I am truly a lot happier working my two jobs, doing what is right, and scraping by than any of them will ever be.
    Yeap screw that. No way I could sit around all day watching Jerry Springer or hanging out in front of the gas station. And I'm not willing to live on a minimal monthly payment just because I can.

There is plenty of abuse in the system and I'd prefer my tax dollars not be spent on it. But at no point have I ever thought man those guys have got it made, while I'm catching hell.

there are more than a couple of self made millionaires that are members on this site- not a damn one got there by being a slacker welfare leech, most worked their ass off their entire life to get there.

Kids have to have a goal to reach it- if their goal is drugs and welfare they will find that quickly- real success is much harder but is a worthy goal.

All correct. My frustration was partly because it's those same media outlets that make people who don't know any better think that the world really is against them, and that racism really is a major issue, neither of which are true.

It's no coincidence that black families were MUCH stronger and more stable when racism was an actually an issue. The fight for racial equality DEMANDED that black folks be accountable, self-reliant and willing to do whatever was necessary to prove they were equal. They had no other choice.

Ironically, the "gubmint" is often purported as these people's biggest advocate, when, in reality, they're the primary cause for the dissolution of the black family. Modernized slavery is a win-win for Uncle Sam.
    Last edited by Black Bart; 04-25-2018 at 01:29 PM.

1. You don't have to be convicted of a crime to violate probation.

2. How did we make the correlation between the original article and welfare leeches?

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post

2. How did we make the correlation between the original article and welfare leeches?
    Post number 10 started us down that yellow brick road.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    It's scducks. It doesn't take much.

Speaking of which does anyone know which gas station has the best hotdog and also accepts EBT?

My bad fellows

It's scducks. It doesn't take much.

Speaking of which does anyone know which gas station has the best hotdog and also accepts EBT?
    I have not had a gas station hot dog since I was a State Trooper, but the Hot Spot on Sumter Highway used to have 5 for a dollar, and the first couple were not bad.