Thread: Vitreomacular Traction Syndrome

Default Vitreomacular Traction Syndrome

Any of you old farts ever had retinal traction? If so, did you have the Pars Plana Vitrectomy surgery? Or has anyone ever had an Ocriplasmin (Jetrea) injection?
    Last edited by reeltight; 04-24-2018 at 09:54 AM.

Jetrea injection - I'm afraid it's my first option. Consulting with dr. on Friday.

That looks like a bad day but I have had worse.

Oh hell naw. Prayers up for ya!!!

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Yep had a vitrectomy and macular peel. It has been a year and my vision is still not back to normal. However it is slowly getting better. Got a corroidal after surgery when my eye pressure dropped to a 2. Bottom line my eye started leaking causing the pressure to drop. It sucks to have to shoot left handed. Hopefully by next year I will be GTG. I can still hit a moving target halfway decent with my shotgun but I do it by knowing where my index finger is pointed instead of knowing where the bead is. I see a ghost image of the bead so essentially I see double images.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by CWPINST View Post
    Yep had a vitrectomy and macular peel. It has been a year and my vision is still not back to normal. However it is slowly getting better. Got a corroidal after surgery when my eye pressure dropped to a 2. Bottom line my eye started leaking causing the pressure to drop. It sucks to have to shoot left handed. Hopefully by next year I will be GTG. I can still hit a moving target halfway decent with my shotgun but I do it by knowing where my index finger is pointed instead of knowing where the bead is. I see a ghost image of the bead so essentially I see double images.
    So did you have the surgery outright? Was Jetrea an option for you?