Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sparkleberry water level

Default Sparkleberry water level

Where do y'all check the water level in the swamp? Have a camping trip planned this weekend. Looks like the congaree is supposed to get to almost 10ft on Thursday. I'm wondering how this will affect the water level in the swamp.
    More Ducks, Less People

With all the rain we're getting water will be up, but not out the banks or anything, I don't think. One thing's pretty likely, it'll be muddy. With it due to rain tomorrow a good bit water will be flowing into the swamp pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 04-24-2018 at 08:20 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

https://www.weatherforyou.com/report...bs&gauge=PNVS1

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

if trez gets to 80', there's been water over the banks at 'station 6' depending on what the lake's holding....it's been over 79.5 for the past few days and no reason for it to go down....there won't be much of a current in swift creek; it might even flow the opposite direction....with high water, it's alot easier to get anywhere and be turned around....you can make the pine island run from the main course.....i still can't ever get comfortable enough to run wot

There's an active river gauge at Trezesvants Landing. Plenty of water rolling through right now.

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?site_no=02169810
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks for the help. Didn't know about that gauge. My main question is do y'all think the campsites in and around Risers will be above water this weekend?
    More Ducks, Less People

risers will be above the water level at 80'

Id expect it to be pretty high or flooded after all that rain and them letting water out for some kind of training in Columbia.

I use an App on iphone called The River App. It's a little blue icon with a guy on a kayak on it. It's free and the most user friendly one I've found. It syncs with NOAA. Worth a shot.
    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." - Jack Nicholson

a lot of water coming down the wateree too
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

been steady rising since monday afternoon....where trez is now, water's been on station 6....guess it depends on what the lake is reading too....may be making a day ride sunday if it's high and make the pine island run

At what point at trez do the campsites on Risers get water on them?
    More Ducks, Less People

Default Sparkleberry water level

can't say i've ever seen the sites at risers below water....below is current level

this is at 81.9....left a few days later at 81.3 and there was still water running through
    Last edited by cleancutredneck; 04-27-2018 at 08:07 AM.

CCRN is the resident expert on camp site availability to Trez h2o elevations.

The good news is that most of the campsites in the swamp will be clean for a couple of weeks once the water goes down.

From the Lone Star Topo 1:24K this bank is around 77.1' based on spot elevation 23.5M. So when Trez is around 80' most camp sites on the river down stream of swift creek will most likely be ok.

You may be able to tell us what camp sites are under water, but you sure as shit can't cook a damn hog in the ground at those camp sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Civil-Cock View Post
    From the Lone Star Topo 1:24K this bank is around 77.1' based on spot elevation 23.5M. So when Trez is around 80' most camp sites on the river down stream of swift creek will most likely be ok.
    You may be able to tell us what camp sites are under water, but you sure as shit can't cook a damn hog in the ground at those camp sites.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    You may be able to tell us what camp sites are under water, but you sure as shit can't cook a damn hog in the ground at those camp sites.You may be able to tell us what camp sites are under water, but you sure as shit can't cook a damn hog in the ground at those camp sites.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It was not a good sign when we saw flames coming out the ground!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

and confirmation when Bandit turned his nose up at it....good thing there was a plan b

Y'all must have been hammered when you got that thing started up