Thread: 4-18 & 4-20

Default 4-18 & 4-20

I was on vacation this past week, and was able to fill my last two tags. Tuesday morning I missed a chip shot on bird that did everything right. He came in running and gobbling the whole way. He even jumped a fence. Only for me to miss him by shooting the tree that was laying down 5yds in front of me that I thought was a great idea to hide behind.

Redemption came on Wednesday with a nice gobbler that hung up on me in the apple orchard at about 75yds. Too bad for him he picked the wrong spot to come back into the woods to exit the field.

Friday I doubled up with a buddy who was out to get his first turkey. There wasn't much happening off the roost, so we headed for the other side of the property. We decided to cut through some short pines, and when we stepped out on the main road two gobblers were walking up the road away from us at less than 100yds.

I told my buddy to sit down right on the edge of trees and get ready. Priority number one was getting him his first bird. After a little calling they turned around and came back down the road. He made a good shot on the first bird. Bird number two took to the air and I did something for the first time too. He gave me pretty right to left crossing shot at about 25ft up. I put the red dot about six inches in front of his nose and squeezed. He folded like a giant dove.

I don't care if I ever shoot another turkey like that again, but that 20lb thump crashing through the trees was something else. It was an awesome vacation week. Hunted three times during the week, and was able to pull the trigger on every hunt.

Yes Sir!! That works just fine!!
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Nice work.

Congrats sir!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Fine job Cody!

Very Nice!

Nice couple of days!
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Well done!

Very nice! Congrats!
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Congrats!

Congrats
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004