Thread: Happy Earth Day

Default Happy Earth Day

Hope most have the opportunity to enjoy the outdoors today and are reminded of the importance to protect what we have.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Earth Day, what a Marxist crock of shit. Not to mentioned it's where we got the EPA.

“A commonly cited attendance figure for all Earth Day 1970 gatherings is 20 million. Realistically, the work of 9 people over 4 months could never have organized 20 million people. The accumulated estimates for public events in major cities amount to only a fraction of that figure. In truth, it would have been impossible to count Earth Day participants.
    (remember there was no social media, no texting or even email)

I remember the first Earth Day in 1970's. They said we were going to be in another Ice Age in 20 years. I said it was a crock then and I haven't changed my mind one iota. Years later even the man that was the head organizer said they were a crock of shit after he figured it all out (matured).

The co-founder killed and composted his girlfriend 7 years later:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/42711922/n.../#.WtygEH8h3IU

This sums it up pretty good. Just a bunch of peace and love hippies indoctrinated by Marxism.

The Original Earth Day
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Take it easy, Merg! Although, technically, every day is Earth Day. Just sayin'...

The concept of Earth Day is important for all.... the politics, well that is up to the individual . It is okay to be a conservative and care about keeping this place we live healthy.
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Happy Earth Day Mergie....

Yeah I agree with mergie. About like Arbor Day. Yeah

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

All Earth Day means to me is that I'm another year older.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

As a forester, wildlife biologist, land manager, botanist, herpetologist, ornithologist, and conservationist among others.....everyday is EARTH DAY for me!
    Last edited by Calibogue; 04-22-2018 at 04:43 PM.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post
    The concept of Earth Day is important for all.... the politics, well that is up to the individual . It is okay to be a conservative and care about keeping this place we live healthy.
    You should probably come up to orangeburg county and let your democratic friends know it's not ok to throw their fucking trash out the window since it's earth day and all.......

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    You should probably come up to orangeburg county and let your democratic friends know it's not ok to throw their fucking trash out the window since it's earth day and all.......
    I still don't get this "idea" that giving a shit about the environment makes one a Democrat. Outside of a few deep South states sportsmen are among the leaders in environmental issues because is matters to what we do....outdoorsman in SC haven't quite gotten that notion.... it baffles me.
    - Edgar Allen Poe

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post
    I still don't get this "idea" that giving a shit about the environment makes one a Democrat. Outside of a few deep South states sportsmen are among the leaders in environmental issues because is matters to what we do....outdoorsman in SC haven't quite gotten that notion.... it baffles me.
    I think you are confusing two different things. There's a big difference in an environmentalist and a conservationist. Environmentalism is more like a religion. They don't want humans to use any of the resources God gave us. It they had their way we would never be able to go out in nature and enjoy it. Hell most of them wish all human life would die to save the planet.

A conservationist is someone who believes in the responsible use of the resources and helping the resources recover and multiply from that use. Ethical hunters are conservationist. We asked for the Pittman–Robertson tax and the Dingall-Johnson tax that helps preserve the habitat and animals and fish we love. We support organizations like DU, Delta Waterfowl, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Quail Unlimited, etc.

You don't see environmentalists spending their money on these things, they just want the government to make more laws to keep other people away from nature (enter the EPA). Can you say Marxists? They do love to protest cause it gets them on local TV. But they don't get out and donate the sweat of their brow or the green in their billfold bettering habitat.

Wanta see what kind of money we spend on our fish and game? Here ya go:

The keystone of annual funding for state wildlife agencies was put into place on March 6, 2016 with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s distribution of $1.1 billion in revenues generated by the Pittman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration and Dingell-Johnson Sport Fish Restoration acts. The funding, which supports critical state environmental conservation and recreation projects throughout the nation, derives from excise taxes paid by the hunting, boating and angling industries on firearms, bows and ammunition (Pittman-Robertson), and sportfishing tackle, some boat engines and small engine fuel (Dingell-Johnson).
    https://www.fws.gov/news/ShowNews.cfm?ref=service-distributes-$1.1-billion-to-state-wildlife-agencies-to-support-&_ID=35495
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 04-22-2018 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    I think you are confusing two different things. There's a big difference in an environmentalist and a conservationist. Environmentalism is more like a religion. They don't want humans to use any of the resources God gave us. It they had their way we would never be able to go out in nature and enjoy it. Hell most of them wish all human life would die to save the planet.

A conservationist is someone who believes in the responsible use of the resources and helping the resources recover and multiply from that use. Ethical hunters are conservationist. We asked for the Pittman–Robertson tax and the Dingall-Johnson tax that helps preserve the habitat and animals and fish we love. We support organizations like DU, Delta Waterfowl, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Quail Unlimited, etc.

You don't see environmentalists spending their money on these things, they just want the government to make more laws to keep other people away from nature (enter the EPA). Can you say Marxists? They do love to protest cause it gets them on local TV. But they don't get out and donate the sweat of their brow or the green in their billfold bettering habitat.

Wanta see what kind of money we spend on our fish and game? Here ya go:

https://www.fws.gov/news/ShowNews.cfm?ref=service-distributes-$1.1-billion-to-state-wildlife-agencies-to-support-&_ID=35495
    I am aware there is a difference. In my mind conservation is about direct protection of a resource ... environmentalism is about addressing the issues that cause degradation to these resources.

I am done here. Happy earth day.
    - Edgar Allen Poe

― Henry David Thoreau

Environmentalism is about getting money from the government.