View Poll Results: How much do you drink?

Voters
258. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daily

55 21.32%
  • On the weekends

47 18.22%
  • 3 or 4 times a week

74 28.68%
  • Rarely

57 22.09%
  • I don't drink

25 9.69%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much is too much?

Default How much is too much?

The other thread got me to thinking. I filled out a sheet getting a physical a while back and it asked me how often I drank. I never really thought about it until I was asked, but I realized that I was drinking at least a couple of beers 2 or 3 nights a week and then normally I'll throw back a few on the weekends as well. Thinking even further, I realized that I drank beer EVERY time I grilled anything. (BTW, it is possible to light a grill without drinking. I just recently discovered this fact....) I came to the conclusion that I was probably drinking more than I should, so I eased back and pretty much quit during the week altogether. As of today, I haven't drank anything since Masters Sunday and this morning I was down 9lbs. Granted, I've been eating clean since then also, but a couple few High Lifes daily will definitely make you fat.

I decided that for no other reason, I should probably quit drinking so much around the boys, they're 11 & 12 and I didn't think it was good for their "normal" to be seeing Dad come home and drink beer most every day after work. They don't know whether I drink 1 or 12 and I don't want them thinking I'm a drunk, and I damn sure don't want them seeing me drink even 1 and then get in the truck and drive somewhere. Anyway, something to think about. How much do you drink?

On the weekends and not really every weekend. I will crank some out on a Monday or Tuesday too but not often.

I rarely drink during the week, but on average probably 3 times a week; Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Usually only Sunday during the summer time, due to being out of the boat.

I have a bourbon or 2 when the kids get in bed. Only drink heavily if I’m on a trip away from the house. Hunting or camping trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    \"Go to Know\"

I quit drinking all together 221 days ago. When I was actively trying to "control" drinking I was zero to a couple beers a day and around 10-12 on Friday and 12-16 on Saturday. In my lowest of lowes I was easily 10-16 a day. When I was on a wine kick, I could drink a bottle of red no problem...sometimes a big bottle. The problem with "trying to control" it, is that pissed me off so I was just in a bad mood. I hardly got into the bottle but when I did...it was lights out.

Not too long ago my 8 year old told me (out of the blue) the he was glad I didn't drink anymore. I just closed my eyes and gave him a big hug.
    Last edited by reeltight; 04-20-2018 at 11:54 AM.

For me, just once is too much.

I’m not trying to be an ass, just speaking from a position of been on the wrong side but, if you’re asking yourself if you drink too much, you probably are. I’d love to have an ice cold beer on a hot afternoon fishing but I’m happier with water or tea.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I’ll have one after mowing the grass or one or two when grilling
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    For me, just once is too much.

I’m not trying to be an ass, just speaking from a position of been on the wrong side but, if you’re asking yourself if you drink too much, you probably are. I’d love to have an ice cold beer on a hot afternoon fishing but I’m happier with water or tea.
    I get that, and I don't take offense. I know people that if they drink one they're gonna drink 12. I've never been that person. Most times its 1 or 2 during the week, 4 or 5 at the most on weekends. Can't remember the last time I was "drunk". Well, yeah I can, me and Bolt got hammered watching a football game a couple years ago. I blame him and Clemson FB for that'n.....

I had a beer last summer, at the beach, while cooking a Beaufort stew. Had one extra, and it looked pretty good. I have found that as time goes by, I just do not want to drink anymore. Its not a decision I made, and if I want to drink tonight, I will. its not a moral thing, and its not something I thought about doing...I have just not been in the mood and have not wanted to. Last time I was drunk was Labor day 1998. I decided the next day that with a new child in the house, I probably should not put myself into the position to be incapacitated should something bad ever happen, and that is when I slowed down greatly. It seems that I would much rather have a sweet iced tea or a coke zero now days.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Only on the weekends and then it's only a couple.

We cut out weekday drinking for health reasons. Alcohol takes metabolic priority and inhibits fat metabolism. If you're trying to lose body fat alcohol, which is a sugar, and regular sugar should be the first two things to go.

What we have found is that the more we limit alcohol the worse it makes us feel even with just 1-2 drinks on the weekend. If feeling bad is your normal you don't realize exactly how bad you felt until you start feeling good and then reintroduce a toxin like alcohol back into your body.

I feel like fitness champ after 3-4 beers

I'll have a few beers every so often throughout the year. However in the summer, and if I'm on the boat, I'll have a good many.
    867-5309

None. Wasted calories and money.

Even with Butch Jones in Knoxville for 5 years.
    Last edited by led0321; 04-20-2018 at 12:51 PM.

My neighbor makes sure I don't drink much. He keeps the stock pretty low in my shed fridge.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    None. Wasted calories and money.

Even with Butch Jones in Knoxville for 5 years.
    Alcohol wouldn't have helped, you'd have needed something stronger......

Default How much is too much?

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Alcohol wouldn't have helped, you'd have needed something stronger......
    Very true and I cannot afford my own beer and the woman’s bud lite lime...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by led0321; 04-20-2018 at 01:03 PM.

Maybe a bourbon if I’m out at a good dinner, parties/gatherings, and hunt camp. I might get past a buzz 3-5 times a year. Just a random beer or bourbon at the house with nothing going on, less than 15 drinks a year.

I almost never drink beer during the week. Reason being is I'm too busy. I work until 6 most days, then head straight to the gym. I don't usually get home until 8:00. I have dinner and usually just drink skim milk with my meal.

On the weekends, I may have 1 stout beer on Saturday and/or Sunday. So I may have 1 - 2 beers a week.

Not really worried about the extra calories. Even at 50 my metabolism keeps me pretty trim. I like wine but my dentist doesn't. So I leave wine alone so I don't get harrased about stained teeth.

Drinking to get drunk quit appealing to me about 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    My neighbor makes sure I don't drink much. He keeps the stock pretty low in my shed fridge.
    This comment made me laugh out loud.

I get hammered on the reg bruh