Thread: Clearfield Sunflowers

Default Clearfield Sunflowers

I originally sent this in a PM to member and thought that maybe some of y'all have some valuable info.

It's been a few years since we have planted Clearfields on our own and was wondering if the available herbicide options have changed. I've searched & read through a enough posts to make my head spin.

Can you give me a rundown on chemicals and application rates for Clearfield flowers? I realize soil type & conditions have some effect on this but I'm talking in general terms.

So far I have:
    Pre emerge= Prowl, Stealth, Dual magnum or Warrant plus Spartan charge

Post emerge= Panoramic, Plateau, Beyond or Cadre for broad leafs and Poast , Select, Volunteer, or Arrow for grasses

Are there other options I should look at that work just as good? Any generics that may save me some $?

Wonder if we could make this a sticky post that is updated periodically as new chemicals & techniques come out? I'm sure I'm not the only one that has these questions. This stuff can get real confusing for weekend warriors.

Thanks,
    Mike V.

This year we are changing our pre emergent. We are using dual magnum and zidua.
    For the ducks

Buy a NC State ag chem manual. Best $40 you’ll ever spend.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Me-Too-Lachlor by Drexel is a generic of Duel Magnum that we have used with Spartan Charge the past couple years. 1.5 pints of Me-Too per acre, 6 ounces of Spartan Charge per acre. I've been using Cadre for post emerge and my field last year was pretty dang clean but I got lucky with rain after I sprayed the cadre. Will have to check my other computer for the cadre rates but it isn't much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Quote Originally Posted by CUduckreeper View Post
    Me-Too-Lachlor by Drexel is a generic of Duel Magnum that we have used with Spartan Charge the past couple years. 1.5 pints of Me-Too per acre, 6 ounces of Spartan Charge per acre. I've been using Cadre for post emerge and my field last year was pretty dang clean but I got lucky with rain after I sprayed the cadre. Will have to check my other computer for the cadre rates but it isn't much.
    I believe it is 4oz to the acre for Cadre.

Brawl II replaced Dual Magnum

Quote Originally Posted by SCSwitchback View Post
    I believe it is 4oz to the acre for Cadre.
    Yep, my notes said 3-4 ozs of Cadre per acre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Yes cadre is 4oz with a good surfactant. Do not go over 4 or double spray. It will really hurt flowers bad.