Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bohicket Dolphin Slam

been there- dolphin slam2 years ago. sucks less in a sporty unless you are paying for the repairs. We ran out of beer and that really sucked

Passed y'all just inside the rocks creeping along, and saw y'all come in the marina...

We left Ripley @ 430 and were sitting in 1800' of water due east of the Sow Pen waiting on lines in. Beautiful ocean yesterday, we could have caught the boat's limit of 10-15# fish but left them biting in search of a hard edge and the one big fish we were looking for to weigh in. Never found anything over 18#, heard of several 30 pound plus fish so we didn't even bother heading to the weighin. Fished until 5 and came in at 55 kts. If this was the Bennet's Point Tournament, we would have had the aggregate in the bag!!

If you didn't fish on Saturday, you may have missed nicest conditions of the year...

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    Passed y'all just inside the rocks creeping along, and saw y'all come in the marina...

We left Ripley @ 430 and were sitting in 1800' of water due east of the Sow Pen waiting on lines in. Beautiful ocean yesterday, we could have caught the boat's limit of 10-15# fish but left them biting in search of a hard edge and the one big fish we were looking for to weigh in. Never found anything over 18#, heard of several 30 pound plus fish so we didn't even bother heading to the weighin. Fished until 5 and came in at 55 kts. If this was the Bennet's Point Tournament, we would have had the aggregate in the bag!!

If you didn't fish on Saturday, you may have missed nicest conditions of the year...
    What boat were you on in Ripley?
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

Inbox.

We were gonna try and get out next week but of course the wind looks terrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    We were gonna try and get out next week but of course the wind looks terrible

Yeah, looks like they are on fire right now. My crew fell apart at the last minute before the tournament so I didn't pull my boat down. Got an invite on another boat and went down, he lost a motor Friday night. We sat on the dock and drank beer and waited for the crowd to come in.

Early this week looked good, hope we get some more good days soon.

We are having the nicest weather window you will see for a while and you waiting until next week? Better get on out there

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    We are having the nicest weather window you will see for a while and you waiting until next week? Better get on out there
    I’m in Charlotte at a meeting so no way I can get out this week. I’m hoping something changes for next week

We put 30 in the boat Wednesday between 3 anglers. One about 30-35#, a few in the 20-25#, smallest was 7/8# and the rest were 10-15#. 14 on the troll and the other 16 chunking and jigging in 45 minutes. Beautiful water 35 out, 35 in 111 gallons of fuel. Everything we put out caught fish.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013