Thread: Sportsman’s Devotional 4/19

Default Sportsman’s Devotional 4/19

Bible Study Verse
    Psalms 18:2
    The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
    My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
    My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. NIV)

Thoughts
    On a recent scouting trip right about dusk, something caught the corner of my eye. As I slowed down, I saw a mountain lion not twenty yards away from me. Even though he saw me, he continued to walk parallel with me.

Now understand I drive a pretty unassuming vehicle. As a matter of fact, it is downright unintimidating. This is probably why the lion could have cared less that I was there. He figured he could take me.

I thought to myself, "Wow! It is rare to see a mountain lion. Let alone a mountain lion with an attitude."

It wasn't until I actually got out of my car that he suddenly appeared startled. He looked at me, looked at my vehicle (which he had at least a hundred pounds on), looked at me again, and then trotted back in the direction from which he came.
    (Brett M)

Action Point
    I make fun of my little car as do most of my friends. But, I do take solace in knowing that it has seatbelts, airbags, and some sheet metal surrounding me. Many people subscribe to the bigger is better belief. Which is true, an F250 is going to provide better protection than a Yugo.

David says that God is our "shield"; a shield that protects us from our enemies. In a world filled with evil, we must pray daily that God will protect us and our families.

We must be diligent in protecting our children. That means talking to them every day, being involved in their school and their friends, most importantly being a parent first, and then a friend second. To do otherwise would be like letting them fly through life on a high speed motorcycle without a helmet. It is not a matter of "if", but "when".

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Points! thank you.
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies