Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drugs Take A Billionaire

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    I've done all kinds of drugs and I'm not addicted to any of em
    Consider yourself lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Do you honestly believe that addiction is a disease?
    Yes. And an ugly one.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    Not always. I've seen several people get hooked on prescription drugs because of injuries and a true need for some type of pain relief medication at the time. A lot of them have no clue about what is happening to them, until it is too late.

I had a roommate in college that was a heroin addict (hadn't used in several years). It started with painkillers after tearing his knee up in school. He got hooked on them, and finally his body and mind were telling him that they weren't enough. That lead to him trying other things to ease the pain that his body and mind were telling him he was in, which ultimately lead him to heroin.
    I know one who went to heroin because it is so much cheaper than prescription drugs.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by SC quacker2 View Post
    I know one who went to heroin because it is so much cheaper than prescription drugs.
    That happens more often than people realize.

I think some people have what I call an "addiction gene." They are more prone to addiction than other people. I don't know if it's really genetic, chemical or psychological but something is different. They get addicted easily on drugs or even adrenaline (thrill addiction). Their drug of choice just happens to be which of those two they find first. Looking for that high is why they do things we see as stupid. Both usually end up dead if they don't find a way to cure (kick) their drug of choice, be it dope, hanging from the outside of an 80 story building by two fingers or jumping out of a helicopter in a wingsuit. One addiction is the same as the other and any addiction that can cause you to end your life or others is a bad addiction.

I was addicted to fishing and hunting from the time I was a kid. The only thing that drew me away from it for a short time was chasing tail (another form of trophy hunting?) and then I relapse right back into my original drug of choice, hunting and fishing. Except for a few times duck hunting my drug of choice wasn't dangerous and didn't hurt me or anyone else. But some people thought I was stupid and wasting my time. I didn't agree and now I have a lifetime of memories that are worth more to me than gold. I also infected my son with the same addiction.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I think I have the addictive gene. I have to watch my alcohol consumption carefully because having that addictive personality makes you want it more and think you can handle it. My grandfather always considered himself an alcoholic, even though he was a tee-totaler from before the time I was born.

How many of you that say addiction is nothing but mental weakness are in the kind of physical shape you would like to be? How many are clinically obese? Overeating is not a lot different than a drug addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Addiction is a disease, much like cancer, that could not care less about socioeconomic class or bank accounts.
    I agree
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

They're considered a disease and insurance will cover help for most of it. Acting naive for the sake of thinking you know it all is just silly. If you're going to type it or try to argue it, at least know what you're talking about. Personally I don't consider quiters as heros, but just people doing what they're supposed to do. But I also don't care for someone telling others how they should live or think.. But when what "you're supposed to do" affects others or me, I do care.

The perception of most is that if it happens to middle to upper class folks it's a disease or the fault of being prescribed something. Anyone below that and they're just worthless junkies who hate America.

Lesson here is if you want to be judged less harshly you need to be a wealthy addict.

That's why there's not much love for meth addicts.

I've heard oxycodone called "hillbilly heroin."
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

HS and Glennda are bringing it. I wouldn't normally make that comment but it's Friday.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

I think what bothers me the most is that epipens cost $600 and junkies get narcan fo free........

Somebody pays for that, too. May be you and me, but you can bet your sweet ass, it ain't Free.

I have seen many people I know and love go down that path, most have thankfully found their way out, a few it cost them their life - figuratively and literally, speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I think what bothers me the most is that epipens cost $600 and junkies get narcan fo free........
    I havent carried an epipen since 6th grade. Are they really that much? I mean now I would have to buy them myself, instead of mom and dad. I think ill keep the streak going...

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    I havent carried an epipen since 6th grade. Are they really that much? I mean now I would have to buy them myself, instead of mom and dad. I think ill keep the streak going...
    When your mom and dad bought them they weren't that expensive.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...i-pens/497126/

Maybe im just stupid but wtf do these two things have to do with each other??

"the boy is so allergic to milk he has to wear a face mask when he goes outside."
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 04-20-2018 at 11:59 AM.

I mean is someone in the neighborhood running around super soaking him with milk?

Helicopter moms.......

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Do you honestly believe that addiction is a disease?
    If you have ever known a real true "addict" you wouldn't even be asking.
    I knew a multi-millionaire that was like a father to me and he died guzzling aftershave lotion.
    He drank 2 fifths a day of brown likker for 30 years and didn't chase it with anything but a camel cigarette
    He was a living Mr Lehey like on trailer park boys......its a pitiful place to be and a sickness.
    We drove him 6 hrs to a expensive private rehab place in the Blue Ridge Mts, when we got home the fuckker was sitting on the front porch drunk.
    He caught a cab from the rehab to the airport and beat us home in a private charter.