Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Men at Starbucks were there for business meeting to change 'our lives'

Starbucks has a policy that allows people to loiter in there without purchasing anything. Frequent customers know that.

The End
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

I hope that all the homeless people in each city otr town go to Starbucks everyday and stay the entire business day. Fill their restaurants with homeless people and lets see how that business model works out.

Fuck Starbucks.

And Clemson, fuck them too.

I stand with tater.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    Starbucks has a policy that allows people to loiter in there without purchasing anything. Frequent customers know that.

The End
    Excellent point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosscat View Post
    Kind of like how I buy a drink or snack when I use the facilities at a gas station. Just seems right since some poor soul will have to clean the can eventually.
    You must make one hell of a mess in gas station bathroom to carry around that kind of guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by SC REBEL View Post
    I hope that all the homeless people in each city otr town go to Starbucks everyday and stay the entire business day. Fill their restaurants with homeless people and lets see how that business model works out.
    Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post

The End
    That was my point when I suggested they may have been waiting on the third party to arrive before they ordered. I would venture to guess millions of people use Starbucks locations as meeting places each day. Many of them likely don't order anything or order something of much less value than the time they spent in the store.

None of us were there and don't really know what happened. The whole things does seem somewhat questionable, but that's not to say it didn't go down as the media have reported it. I've read/heard everything from this was a stunt orchestrated by Starbucks so they will look like the good guys in the long run to similar instances have occurred at that location in the past and this one was merely part of a pattern. Based on nothing more than what has been reported, I'm starting to lean more towards the former. Why else would Starbucks give up an entire afternoon of revenue to make a bunch of good people sit through a class they don't need when the solution was to simply fire the guilty party?

I did see another video that was reported to have been filmed in January where a white guy named Weston was given the code to the restroom in a Starbucks after a black guy was denied the code. For those of you who have seen the video, did Weston not come across as extremely accommodating to a stranger shooting a video with a cell phone?

They were not arrested because a Starbucks employee said "arrest them!" They had an opportunity to leave, but by their own accounts they let either their pride or simple greed get in the way. This should not be news, but we all know why it is.

It’s clear that some of y’all didn’t read the article.

1) The guys were asked if they wanted to order and replied no, that they were just there for a meeting.

2) They were told by employees if they weren’t making a purchase they needed to leave.

3) They refused to comply and the cops were called. Told them to leave and when they refused, were arrested.

Where is the problem? Last time I checked Starbucks is a business, not a public park. How would you react if someone came to your place of work and told you they were going to have a meeting and would leave in about 20 minutes.
    “Oil change?”
    “Nope, just here for a meeting, thanks”
    “Can I help you find anything.”
    “No thanks, just doing a real estate deal.”

Yes, Starbucks has created an atmosphere that encourages meetings or gives people a place to hang out or try to become the next NY Times bestseller, but they did so expecting those people to be drinking their coffee while doing so.

What we have is just another example of someone expecting to get something for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    It’s clear that some of y’all didn’t read the article.

1) The guys were asked if they wanted to order and replied no, that they were just there for a meeting.

2) They were told by employees if they weren’t making a purchase they needed to leave.

3) They refused to comply and the cops were called. Told them to leave and when they refused, were arrested.

Where is the problem? Last time I checked Starbucks is a business, not a public park. How would you react if someone came to your place of work and told you they were going to have a meeting and would leave in about 20 minutes.
    “Oil change?”
    “Nope, just here for a meeting, thanks”
    “Can I help you find anything.”
    “No thanks, just doing a real estate deal.”

Yes, Starbucks has created an atmosphere that encourages meetings or gives people a place to hang out or try to become the next NY Times bestseller, but they did so expecting those people to be drinking their coffee while doing so.

What we have is just another example of someone expecting to get something for nothing.
    It’s clear that you didn’t read my post. Additionally, fact check your statement against what has been reported.
    I would agree with you if Starbucks hadn’t brought this upon themselves by their own policy.
    Stay objective kid.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

I didn't call anyone out specifically, so take a breath. My facts came from the article in the OP, which you would know if you had read it. Hmm..., guess I was talking about you. Is this policy you keep referring to written down somewhere. If so, you're right. If not, I would say that an unofficial policy created by customers is not the same as a company policy. Stay objective? How about taking your own advice, son.

When you are asked to leave from private property, you leave, period. If you do not, you deserve what ever happens. Just because you or someone else has done something in the past doesn't mean it has to be allowed in the future, it is private property. My rights are greater than your rights on my property, just as your rights are greater on your property than my rights. I can change the rules on mine any time I choose, just as you can on yours.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Yup, what Fuzzy said.

So if you own a bakery and some fags want a dick cake for their wedding you can tell them no?

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    I didn't call anyone out specifically, so take a breath. My facts came from the article in the OP, which you would know if you had read it. Hmm..., guess I was talking about you. Is this policy you keep referring to written down somewhere. If so, you're right. If not, I would say that an unofficial policy created by customers is not the same as a company policy. Stay objective? How about taking your own advice, son.
    I was feeling a little trolly last night. I just get tired of the hypocrisy here sometimes. (Not from you). It’s their policy to make their place a hangout. Regardless of what transpired, it didn’t appear that they were there to start a scene nor did they see it as an opportunity to capitalize on it, as a few of you inferred. Not everyone quietly slinks away when they see that they’re being treated differently and/or unfairly.
    Some of y’all pounce on the “hidden opportunity” every chance you get.

skip to Main Navigationskip to Main Contentskip to FooterStarbucks Coffee Company
    Find a Store
    Sign In
    Navigation
    Company Information
    Starbucks First Store Pike Place
    To say Starbucks purchases and roasts high-quality whole bean coffees is very true. That’s the essence of what we do – but it hardly tells the whole story.

Our Heritage
    Every day, we go to work hoping to do two things: share great coffee with our friends and help make the world a little better. It was true when the first Starbucks opened in 1971, and it’s just as true today.

Back then, the company was a single store in Seattle’s historic Pike Place Market. From just a narrow storefront, Starbucks offered some of the world’s finest fresh-roasted whole bean coffees. The name, inspired by Moby Dick, evoked the romance of the high seas and the seafaring tradition of the early coffee traders.

In 1981, Howard Schultz (Starbucks chairman and chief executive officer) had first walked into a Starbucks store. From his first cup of Sumatra, Howard was drawn into Starbucks and joined a year later.

In 1983, Howard traveled to Italy and became captivated with Italian coffee bars and the romance of the coffee experience. He had a vision to bring the Italian coffeehouse tradition back to the United States. A place for conversation and a sense of community. A third place between work and home. He left Starbucks for a short period of time to start his own Il Giornale coffeehouses and returned in August 1987 to purchase Starbucks with the help of local investors.

From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection.

Our mission to inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup, and one neighborhood at a time.

Expect More Than Coffee
    We’re not just passionate purveyors of coffee, but everything else that goes with a full and rewarding coffeehouse experience. We also offer a selection of premium teas, fine pastries and other delectable treats to please the taste buds. And the music you hear in store is chosen for its artistry and appeal.

It’s not unusual to see people coming to Starbucks to chat, meet up or even work. We’re a neighborhood gathering place, a part of the daily routine – and we couldn’t be happier about it. Get to know us and you’ll see: we are so much more than what we brew.

We make sure everything we do is through the lens of humanity – from our commitment to the highest quality coffee in the world, to the way we engage with our customers and communities to do business responsibly.

Learn More About Us
    Company Profile
    A closer look at us.

Timeline
    Our history from 1971 on.

Recognition
    Awards and honors we've received.

OUR COMPANY
    Ethics & Compliance
    Inclusion at Starbucks
    Corporate Governance
    Online Policies
    ANNUAL MEETING OF SHAREHOLDERS
    2018 World’s Most Ethical Companies®
    For the 12th year in a row, Starbucks has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute.

Starbucks Newsroom
    Read more and join the discussion through the Starbucks Newsroom.
    R.I.P SFC Spencer Kohlheim.
    Suicide is never a good thing but I understand.
    Thank you for your service to our nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    So if you own a bakery and some fags want a dick cake for their wedding you can tell them no?
    Yes, you should be able to.

With that said, the market will take care of businesses that make stupid decisions.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson