Thread: SC: Proposed bill limits caffeine for teens

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default SC: Proposed bill limits caffeine for teens

Talk about liberal knee-jerk reactions. Good thing the kid didn't die from drinking too much water, which btw, can happen and has.

Proposed bill limits caffeine for teens after South Carolina teen dies from energy drink
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

When I was 17 I OD on caffeine.
    A buddy and me took off to surf Spanish House and Sebastian's Inlet on a Friday night. Drove all night and arrived at daylight. Surfed all day long until just about dark. Come to find out, we had to be back by 10 Sunday am because he had some family thing he had to do. So I nominated myself to drive. Well about the time we got outside Savannah, I started getting cross eyed from lack of sleep. Instead of switching I decided to pull in a gas station and get myself a couple energy drinks, a 5 hour energy, and some of them yellow jacket pills. So I take off and my buddy is still asleep. I'm doing great until about the time I got to Combahee river. My vision closed in and I got the craziest pinch in my head I've ever experienced! I slammed on brakes, smacked my buddy to wake him up and screamed I'm dying man!! He didn't know what the hell I had done. Anyways i pulled over and puked my brains out. Got back in driver seat continuing on my way to Charleston. Jacked up at a hole new level. I couldn't stop moving my body, but was no way in hell I could sit in the passenger seat! I pulled over again in Ravenel and sprayed diarrhea in the Food lion parking lot, and then proceeded on my way home on James island. By then it was 4am. I busted in my parents room and told them I need to go to hospital right now. Mom took me down there and they ended up ultrasounding my heart and giving me something to calm me down and sleep. I damaged my heart that night. The total count I drank was 5 cans a 5 hour energy and 3 pills.
    867-5309

Sorry for grammar and punctuation. I'm not a good story teller via text.
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    When I was 17 I OD on caffeine.
    A buddy and me took off to surf Spanish House and Sebastian's Inlet on a Friday night. Drove all night and arrived at daylight. Surfed all day long until just about dark. Come to find out, we had to be back by 10 Sunday am because he had some family thing he had to do. So I nominated myself to drive. Well about the time we got outside Savannah, I started getting cross eyed from lack of sleep. Instead of switching I decided to pull in a gas station and get myself a couple energy drinks, a 5 hour energy, and some of them yellow jacket pills. So I take off and my buddy is still asleep. I'm doing great until about the time I got to Combahee river. My vision closed in and I got the craziest pinch in my head I've ever experienced! I slammed on brakes, smacked my buddy to wake him up and screamed I'm dying man!! He didn't know what the hell I had done. Anyways i pulled over and puked my brains out. Got back in driver seat continuing on my way to Charleston. Jacked up at a hole new level. I couldn't stop moving my body, but was no way in hell I could sit in the passenger seat! I pulled over again in Ravenel and sprayed diarrhea in the Food lion parking lot, and then proceeded on my way home on James island. By then it was 4am. I busted in my parents room and told them I need to go to hospital right now. Mom took me down there and they ended up ultrasounding my heart and giving me something to calm me down and sleep. I damaged my heart that night. The total count I drank was 5 cans a 5 hour energy and 3 pills.
    You certainly dodged a bullet. I took speed, Black Beauties, once. I'm not going to do that again, the fucking twitching alone drove me up the wall.
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"

All these caffeine drinks/pills are a legit issue. Not saying we need government to save us but a little education on the heart ramifications wouldn't heart.

Just when these are hitting the shelf again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fuzzy; 04-19-2018 at 09:38 PM.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Hell what about pop rocks and a coke? Word was that would kill you back when they were around. Less than 10% here even know what I’m talking about.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    Hell what about pop rocks and a coke? Word was that would kill you back when they were around. Less than 10% here even know what I’m talking about.
    I know exactly what you are talking about. Pop rocks are back on the market, and have been for a while.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,

Thomas Jefferson

Why not regulate the companies instead of trying to legislate common sense? Oh wait, that would involve personal responsibility. My bad.

Bunch of pussies up in here. Have Sportin tell the story about the time Peepaw found out he couldn’t “run” a wing bone trumpet call. The old man made him snort a line of yellow jackets, and shotgun a red bull. That doesn’t sound too bad, until I tell you that he did this every time he missed a note. I think he didn’t sleep for a week until he passed out when his heart stopped.

Just change the age limit.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Moose843 View Post
    Why not regulate the companies instead of trying to legislate common sense? Oh wait, that would involve personal responsibility. My bad.
    Because these aren't adults that we're discussing, and kids aren't known for making the best decisions.
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"

Let the stupid asses have them. We need to clean up the gene pool any way.

That is accurate marsh chicken.

To this day, I avoid caffeine and play it safe by snorting cocaine

Got introduced to vodka and Red Bull a while back. Just glad nobody introduced that to me twenty five years ago. No telling how much more trouble we would have gotten into.