Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shrimp peeler/deveiner

My wife can clean shrimp and crabs better than most......faster too.

I showed her this thread and she laughed.......she's a bad ass.

The guys at Haddrell's tried very hard to sell me one. The little blade is there butterfly the shrimp as you peel and de-vein. I'm on blood thinners and I knew I'd cut the crap out of my self with that little blade so I declined. I do love the way it feels in your hand though.
    It was a three dog night, and I ain't got but one dog, me and him both damn near froze.

If you ever eat shrimp caught over bait poles, you're gonna want to de-vein them or they'll taste like shit IMO.
    Shrimp caught trawling taste a hell of a lot better.

Dirty, I was concerned about the blade but it really doesn't get in the way or get close to cutting hands. I think it's the magic for getting the vein. The guy at Haddrell's thought it helped butterfly the shrimp but I haven't found that to be the case.

Ditto on trawler caught shrimp. I've had shrimp I had to demote to fish bait because the fish meal was starting to get funky before we caught them. I don't even mess with shrimp caught over bait any more. It would probably be ideal if bait caught shrimp could be left live in a cage to flush out before cleaning, just like folks do with crawdads.