Thread: Unlimited

Default Unlimited

So once Verizon Unlimited started slowing down hotspot speed, I started looking for something to run Roku TV with.

Remember that your phone has truly unlimited data with this plan, but only 15g if you use it as a hotspot.

For Iphone all you need is one of these Apple lightening digital adapters...

(It is about 1"x1" with 3" of the cord that plugs into your phone. Also has a charging port that allows continuous charging with your regular cord.)

And and HDMI to HDMI cord.

About $50 all in when I bought mine from Amazon.

Everything is back in HD again with no throttling or de-prioritization.

Works great with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, HBOGO, Showtime Anytime, Natgeo, History, HULU, ESPN etc)

Your phone's hotspot can be run concurrently for computer internets with no effect.

Read the reviews and make sure you get the one that allows for Audio /Visual AND allows all of your streaming services to work. A few units I looked at did not support them and were made for PowerPoint or something.

Some of you other ruralites and cord cutters may benefit if cell service is your only choice for high speed internets...

I have no issue streaming or playing video games on a console with the slowed down hotspot. Only issue I have is downloading or updates with the throttled speed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

They slowed mine down to a crawl once I hit 15gigs, which was usually within the first 24 hours of the billing cycle. Some channels were unwatchable.

It's not a true throttle. It's a depriotization. So it depends on how full the network is. That's why some people see a big impact and others don't.

Using a hotspot, or your phone as a hotspot, there is a hard throttle at 15 gigs with Verizon. Depriortization occurs on high traffic towers after 22 gigs, which shouldn't be a problem in rural areas.

What happens once I've used the 15 GB limit for Mobile Hotspot or Jetpack?

With the new Verizon Plan Unlimited, you get a 15 GB allowance of high-speed 4G LTE data for Mobile Hotspot and Jetpacks each billing cycle. Once you've used the 15 GB of 4G LTE data, your Mobile Hotspot data speed will be reduced to up to 600 Kbps for the rest of the billing cycle. Data will continue to be unlimited while your Mobile Hotspot is reduced to up to 600 Kbps
    What happens after I use 22 GB of data?

Most of the time you'll continue to enjoy the same great network experience once your line exceeds 22 GB during your billing cycle.

If you've already used 22 GB on a particular line during your current billing cycle, and are on a cell site that is congested at that moment, your download may be temporarily queued behind other Verizon Wireless customers, which may result in slower download speeds relative to another Verizon Wireless customer's experience on the same cell site at that moment.
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...nlimited-faqs/

I thought you only get 15 gigs on Verizon hotspot
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

What app(s) are you using on the phone? Or is it connected to a smart TV that has the app(s)?

Would like to get rid of the Firestick if possible.

JAB can you send me or post up a link to the specific one you purchased on Amazon?

I can't find the one like you got that supports the audio and video with streaming services.

Thanks!

EDIT: Is it this one? Reviews sound correct.

https://www.amazon.com/Apple-Lightni...+adapter+apple
    Last edited by Johnny Reb; 05-10-2018 at 03:20 PM.

Is that pronounced Rockyou or RowKoo ?
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Not sure officially but at my house we pronounce it like "RowKoo"

Many thanks.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Kicking this one back up...I used to use my phone as a Hotspot and then connect my Roku to it to watch TV/Netflix. Verizon throttles it back at 15gb of usage as a HotSpot but I do have unlimited Data...

So my question for JAB is...with this device are you opening Netflix, HULU, etc. on your phone, using the phone data, and the sound and picture is mirrored to the TV or is the HDMI connection thru this device allowing the Roku or apps on your TV to used the Data from the phone via the HDMI connection?

You plug it in and open the different apps on your phone. HULU has gotten buggy and works about 50% of the time. I pick it up on Oculus anyway so it is not a problem for me. Otherwise it has been flawless so far even with 1 or 2 bar LTE signal. When you get a call or text it pauses and you simply pick it up as normal. Surprisingly, it allows you to run your Iphone hotspot at the same time so that you have internet wifi to other devices as well. Hope it helps.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Good deal. Thanks Johnny